Leviathan Story (25 y.o, big 3) *2 months update*

Leviathan

Reaction score
Well hello everybody,

My name is Alex, I've joined your forum today. I was glad to see a lot of people in the same boat than me... with actual experience of different products and what not.

I wanted to share my short story with you all, and hopefully you guys could suggest a product that might help me. If one exist.

First of all let me mention that english is not my first language, therefore I appoligize for the severals spelling mystakes.

So here it is,
Men in the family of my mom have a huge background for baldness. Men in the family of my dad do not. Unfortunatly, I had to inerite from my mom genetic haha.

So I started losing my first hairs at the age of 17 (my first grey hair was at 16, geez, gimme a break? ;))
From 17 to 20, I didnt really care about it. The loss didnt seem that big.
But at around 20, I started to see for the first time so signs that I was indeed going bald. My hair were definitly getting a bit less thick on the top of my head.

So I kindof freaked out. I equipped myself with a new shampoo that my hairstylist suggest me (Nioxin, which do not work for me, I've been using it for 5 years, and only continu using it because I love how it make my hair feels).
After a year on that, the result were not there.

So I decided to go in the big league... and go for proscar.
After taking those proscar pills every day for a year, without seeing any real results (from my memory, my fall got worse at the very beggining, and eventually the fall went back to it average... without really getting any better. Maybe a TAD better. But it was pretty much non persceptible).

So being very reluctant at taking pills every day, and considering the results that were just not there. I decided to stop proscar.

My hair loss didnt get worse nor better when I stopped.

At the age of 22, I gave up on finding a good treatment. I decided to live with the baldness.

At the age of 24, I had lost too many hairs on the top of my head, I didnt like how I looked. So I decided to cut my hair really short (you can see it on the pictures I've posted).

I am now 25 years old. I've lost A LOT of the hair on the top of my head. Its really easy to tell that I'm going bald heh. The only good thing I suppose is that my line of hair havent gone backward much. I might have lost half an inch on the front of my head since my hair loss had began. (Is what I said made any sense? heh)
I decided that I might be up for one last fight to try to save the hairs I have left. I kinda accepted the fact that I'd just wear an hat most of the time when going out and what not. Im not confident AT ALL with my hairs.
From what I read here, Its seems thaht Minoxidile 5% might be my best bet.

What do you guys think? Should I give it a last shot with Minoxidile? Is there something else you guys think I should go for instead?
I'm just not a big fan of pills. I'm not sure I really wanna try proscar again.

Thanks a lot for the help. This community seems great ! :)

Heres the picture of my head, with a flash on. God the flash don't make it look better huh. Ouch! haha :)

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 279
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 280

qball

Reaction score
Re: Leviathan Story (25 y.o, balding since 17)

Hi,

It looks like you are headed for the dreaded "horseshoe" look. You are definitely losing your hair. If this loss is not due to some metabolic problem, then I would recommend starting on propecia, 5% min and keto shampoo(the big 3). The nioxin is fine for cleaning your hair, but it will not regrow or maintain a thing. I would take pictures every month with the hair at relatively the same length so you can see if you are making progress. I know that you have reservations about taking the finasteride. I do too...but I didn't want to lose my hair so the benefits outweighed the risks. Minimally I would start on the 5% and keto shampoo. Good luck.

Leviathan

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply.

Mhmhmm,
From what I seems to read on here, simply taking Minoxidile is not sufficient to hope for any results heh?

Damn... I might have to try Proscar again if I really wanna give those whole thing a last shot....

qball

Reaction score

Well, the finasteride will help to halt/stop/slow the progression of male pattern baldness is most people. There is like 10-15% who keep progressing. I guess the minoxidil will help to grow some hair, but without lowering the DHT levels, you will probably continue to lose your hair. Good luck.

Leviathan

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply Qball.

Is there anyone else that could give me another opinion or confirm what has been said please?

Also, is Proscar a good type or Rogaine? thanks

Leviathan

Reaction score

Alright guys!!

A few more question for yall

I got a prescription for minoxidile 5% today, doctor didnt want to prescribe me finasteride (I'll go see another doctor lol).

I wanted to know what about the KETO shampoo?
Is it what u guys call the Nizoral 2%?

If so, I'll use it with Nizoral. How many time a week do you guys recommend me these product? 1 time a day for minoxidil, every other day for nizoral ?

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

hey try it for every day if that thing is not costly .2-3 times per week recommended.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

when you tried proscar for a year, did you get it from a prescription/doctor or ordered it online?

Leviathan

Reaction score

The proscar I tried was ordered from a doctor.. yep ;(

UPDATE:

Well I've decided to give Proscar a last shot.

I'm starting Proscar - minoxidil 5% - Nizoral 2% (every 2 day)

Could you guys tell me how much Proscar is recommended daily, for such a regiment?

Also, considering I take a shower every noon, where do you think would be the better for me to use Minoxidile? I was thinking of using Nizoral at noon after my shower (I workout during my lunch break, hence the shower)

UPDATE 2:
I'm a little worried, I went to buy Minoxidile and the guy sold me a bottle of Minoxidile named: APO-GAIN MINOXIDIL TOPICAL SOLUTION, the company doing this product is : APOTEX.

I've read the forum and nowhere anyone mentionned such Minoxidile. I hope that its as good as other product?
The box also tell me to use this TWICE a day, as I read people here use it ONCE a day. Any suggestion here, I'm lost? :(

Leviathan

Reaction score

Hi guys, so here is my update after 2 months on the big 3.
My regimen:
1.25 proscar every morning
2 minoxidile application a day (noon & 11PM)
Nizoral 3 times a week.

Observation:
No noticable gain after 2 months.
No major shed neither.

Side Effects:
Proscar:
Watery semen after a few days on the drug. Never got any better.
Low libido: my libido was almost dead after 30 days on the regimen. Since 2 week, my libido has improved a little, but is still bellow what it used to be. (I'd say i'm at 60% of what I used to be).

Minoxidile:
The first month of Minoxidile gave me headaches after application.
I strongly thought about dropping it after the first month, but then the headaches become less violent... and almost completly disapeared now.

Nizoral:
No side effect.

General state of mind:
After reading a lot of threads all around, on different forum, I started becoming extremely worried about the side effect of both Proscar and Minoxidile.
I am extremely worried of going gino on Proscar (Altho I dont consider myself having boobs, I always had somewhat 'puffy' nipple since as long as I can remember. I think that fact might increase the chance of me getting gino, right?

I'm also extremely worried about the irreversible side effect noticed by people.

Same goes for Minoxidile: I've heard permanent wrinkle side effect here and there, and that really got me concerned.

I used to think every day or so about my hair loss, but now, I think every day or so about the side.

I've buzzed my hair with the cliper with no guard. I don't like my head much without hair, but I am now seriously thinking of quitting my regimen... and give up the fight.

*sigh* ;)

Reaction score
Hi Leviathan,

Proscar, Minoxidil, and Nizoral are the only proven treatments, so you're doing everything you can.

Minoxidil does not have any permanent sides. It doesn't have any sides period. There is no harm in using it if you feel that it's giving you any benefit.

Proscar (finasteride) is the most effective treatment. If you discontinue using it, then you're sure to continue losing hair. However, you said that you used it before without results. It is possible that your hair won't respond to proscar. If you don't feel like dealing with its side effects or if its not effective for you, then you should consider quitting.

Wish there was something else out there. My hope is for a cure in 10 years. We'll only be 35 then!

Leviathan

Reaction score
Actually no its not about patience...
I'm just freaked out by the possible side effects ... :(

So many people seems to be experiencing them.

rotsen182

Reaction score
man.. u are still on time to save your hair .. 2 or 3 months are not enough to see results, u have a diffuse male pattern baldness just like the one i had , took me 5 months to see some results , besides finastride is only to stop male pattern baldness not to regrow , if u want to recover density and have an oily scalp first uhave to clean your scalp from sebum, and then apply minoxidil 5% or stronger to regrow.. maybe you are using the wrong strategy to attack your problem.. take a look at my post and u´ll see that big 3 rock...

about sides, i had them all , and they all went away after 3 months, besides i never cared about morning erections ...lol