Lightseed's Story (19, PICS)

lightseed

Reaction score
Hello!

First I want to say sorry about my English. It's not very well but anyway I will try to write correctly as I can. I think I really bad at punctuation and times. Maybe somewhere I will write using elements of my native language, so I'm sorry again.

My name is Victor and I'm almost 19 years old. I have noticed that my hairline started to recede since late 16s. Now I have receded temples but no thinning as I can see using my eyes. According to my family, there are almost no bald men. My dad started to lose his hair since he graduated from high school, also in 16-17s. I found that he kept his thickness and crown full of hair to 40s. Now he is 56 and his hairloss is somewhere at the NW5. My hair is straight but father had a wavy hair. My grandfather being also father of my dad was not totally bald. Even I can say that he was NW3 or maybe an early NW4. If I look to my mum's side I also won't found any bald heads. My grandfather on mum's side has just matured hairline at his 84. Mother's brother is on NW3 at his 45. I have really similar hair to all men at my motherside: straight and with same a little bit asymmetrical hair growth at back of the head. Is it means that I have inherited hair and baldness genes from my motherside? Does genes from her side will make hairstyle on my head?

There also few questions I have. I will be really thankful if it will be possible to answer them.

I have some pics of my hairline. What stage of Norwood scale I have? Is it looks like maturing hairline? And if it's male pattern baldness, how long I will recede according to my family genes?

Hairline:

[attachment=3:1mbvmgcz]hairline.jpg[/attachment:1mbvmgcz]

Left temple:

[attachment=2:1mbvmgcz]left_temple.jpg[/attachment:1mbvmgcz]

Right temple:

[attachment=1:1mbvmgcz]right_temple.jpg[/attachment:1mbvmgcz]

And another one of more receded left temple:

[attachment=0:1mbvmgcz]left_temple_dry.jpg[/attachment:1mbvmgcz]

At last I want to say sorry posting this. I know guys on this forum have more complex problems with hair but I'm really worried and I was worried all those 2.5 years while my hairline was receding.

Thank you for further replies.

Attachments

• hairline.jpg
    hairline.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 211
  • left_temple.jpg
    left_temple.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 192
  • right_temple.jpg
    right_temple.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 188
  • left_temple_dry.jpg
    left_temple_dry.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 191

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
ok.........

you are not receding in any way!

you are experiencing a maturing hairline

will this lead to male pattern baldness who knows?

your right side is almost perfect as a juvenile "young" hairline

your left is getting a little "miniaturized" looking and probably those hairs will go and you will have a mature line on the left before the right

currently you do not have MBP IMO

male pattern baldness apparently is running in your genes so i would keep an eye out for it

but you have nothing to worry about now

but if you do notice more "loss/'miniaturization" (probably on the left temple before the right temple)

then you should start some form of medication
most likely some form of Finasteride

but you are fine for now and in the clear

if i were you i would take pictures of my hairline every year to assess if you are experiencing MBP

THIS WILL BE VERY HELPFUL

if you do that then you will have a some reference to what is happening to your hair

I hope this helps

cheers mate

(I noticed you posted on some other story "shizo" or something and you do not have the same hairline currently)

if you think you do
you might have some slight body dysmorphia issues that you might need to think about

i am not a doctor and cannot diagnose these things

Obsidian

Reaction score
Your left temple may be going but yout right temple is still easily a NW1. Your in better shape than I was at 19. I understand your worriness but I think all your getting is just a mature hairline like BD said, all your just doing is getting a 'man hairline'.

lightseed

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys :hump: ! It was great to read. I will stop worrying :) .

But I will be photographed every year to control this process anyway because of genes.

Thanks again!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, your hair is amazing, I'm 19 too and started losing hair about the same time as you. Unfortuenatly for me, my hair loss is considerably more advanced. You are lucky you don't have to worry about the crown. I'd expect if you left your hair without any treatments you'd end up slowly receding.

I know not everyone will agree with this, but I would reccomend taking .25mg of Finasteride daily in conjunction with either Nizoral or Revita every 3 days. If only I could go back a year and convince myself to take .25mg Finasteride instead of the 1mg...
Seriously, the first 2-3 months of taking 1mg Finasteride will be fine and then the sides will hit. I know everyone reacts differently, but at 19 it's different. Trust me I've been through it twice already and still haven't recovered. I don't want you to be scared off the Drug, I just want you to use it properly. There are loads of reports of people losing the side effects and gaining equal amounts of hair with .25mg Finasteride. You'll hear that Finasteride has a flat-dose response, but in all fairness this doesn't relate to side effects.

Good luck with your great head of hair! Keep it that way!