living alone vs shared accomodation

HughJass

Reaction score
Still trapped here with the folks with no means of escape in the near future and this place is fast turning into a real life thunderdome. Somebody is going to come out in a bodybag.

I don't see how I could ever live with another person. Even when I've stayed with close friends I've ended up mentally sketching out plans as to where to hide the bodies. And that was only after a week. I like things my way. All the time. Don't mess things up, when you do the dishes do them properly ffs, and turn that television down, better yet throw it the f*ck out etc etc etc

Everybody I know, at least the guys, live with their women and complain often. They would live on their own but their prevented from doing so by their utter uselessness which is underpinned by an inability to survive in the wild without a maternal figure.

Why on earth would anybody want to share a house with someone else? seems like such a sacrifice to be making. Isn't eternal bachelor living where it's at? or does that get too hard after a while?

Cassin

Reaction score
Living alone is awesome and everyone needs to do it at some point in their life but it does get lonely after a time no matter how much of a Lone Wolf you are. Trust me I know. I live with my gf now after a long stretch at being solo and I am much happier sharing my space.

Most arguments revolve around cleaning be it with a GF or a roommate.

Living with a friend is sh*t...if you're going to share a life have it have it with a gal

cuebald

Reaction score
I would only live alone, or with a girlfriend.
Living with a housemate/friend etc would just get old quickly

Petchsky

Reaction score
I prefer alone, moving in with the girlfriend is serious business, and i'm in my bachelor prime!

Sounds to me like you need your own space Aussie, for now anyways :)

HughJass

Reaction score
oni said:
aussieavodart is it a money thing?

yep

Got health dramas so am on a pension thing. It's generous, but renting is rediculously expensive here at the moment so it's either live with the old crazies or share a house with one of my beer monster friends.

thinking of putting the tent up in the backyard......

IBM

Reaction score
i live in a room with flatmates which i didnt knew. Not bad but sometimes i feel very lonely in my space. I'd like to have a girlfriend.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in a house with 7 other college students my age and younger (17-22)

HughJass

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Aussie how old are ya? Will your medical condition ever improve so you can work?

nearly 28...gasp

hoping it will improve but I just don't know: the Dr's can't give me any straight answers and it's been a year and half now trying various things with no real improvement :dunno:

HughJass

Reaction score
KANGA said:
I live in a house with 7 other college students my age and younger (17-22)

sounds like a recipe for sheer chaos

you must have some good stories

Cassin

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Cassin said:
Aussie how old are ya? Will your medical condition ever improve so you can work?

nearly 28...gasp

hoping it will improve but I just don't know: the Dr's can't give me any straight answers and it's been a year and half now trying various things with no real improvement :dunno:
Stay with the parents IMO.