LivingUp's Story (25 / Just started Big 3)

LivingUp

Reaction score
Hey Go-getters :)

You know... I bookmarked this place a long time back. It was Christmas 2010... and my sister had said something along the lines of "Did you know you've got a bald patch".

Evil!

So like alot of guys here, I did a ton of research and finally got some good solid info here. Anyway, around the same time I got the opportunity to live and work near the sea (Surfing included) and my focus just shifted away, and I kinda forgot about my "patch".

I think I first realised I had a tiny patch on my crown when I was 21... it was pea sized, my pinky finger could cover it up but I thought it was normal.

Fast forward to April 2012. I've just hit 25, and I took some photo's of the back of my head (as you do...lol), loaded them up on my computer and ... "Holy ####"

That same evening I ordered 3 months supply of Rogaine, a bottle of Nizoral and Fincar from inhouse pharmacy.

No messing... Straight up.. no prisoners!

I've been taking 1/4 Fincar every morning. I bought one of those weekly pill organisers, and been putting 1/4 tablet in each slot after quartering them in a pill splitter.

Shampooing with Nizoral and nothing else apart from a small amount of conditioner.

I'm applying Rogaine twice a day.

I take a Vegan Multivitamin in the mornings too.

I've been doing this for about a month now, so it's still early days, but putting this up here to track my story. I've had slight ball ache develop today, the first of any sides that I've experienced a month in.

I didn't take any pictures when I started last month, so I'll have to compare shots I take in the coming months. Positively, I have no more dandruff and the itch that goes with it. Also I'm only seeing about 20 hairs in the drain after a shower, compared to 50+ about a month ago.

Pics below

Bit more light here

LivingUp

Reaction score
When I apply Rogaine foam, I'm trying to hit the spots I've marked in the pics below (in red).

What you guys think, reckon I should try to spread it out a little more to cover a larger area?

I'm rubbing in the foam on my hairline marked in red, but I've been wondering if I should try and cover those green circles too. Tiny hairs there.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
i think you'll see great progress on the big 3. you've caught it in good time and i'll definitely keep checking back on this thread.

good luck, i'm confident you'll do very well =)

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
big 3 is the best way to go and luckily u started treating male pattern baldness early. it looks like u have a lot of small hairs at the hair line that can thicken-up which will make a big difference.

hopefully your a good responder to the meds, good luck.

LivingUp

Reaction score
kthx and ant - appreciate your words... I've got your backs

seems like the ball ache from yesterday was just a one off.

Thinking of getting some Toppik to cover my crown area. These days I'm combing the hair from the sides over it, and it does a pretty good job of concealing the thinning area.

Thing is my pillow is my hair stylist. I've got thicky hair and if I've rested my head on the pillow in a weird way (lol) then unless I wash my hair the next morning, it ain't movin.

So Toppiks looks like a good investment to save time, energy and worry.

grandiin

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, thanks for your reply in my treath!!!
I am sure that if you are stick with your regime, without start thinking about quit after some days, you will have perfect results in short time!

LivingUp

Reaction score
Go-Getters,

Little update, just under 2 weeks since the first post and pics.
I started to get a heavy heart beat last week (aka being conscious of it) and my heart bpm was in the high range when I checked.

I checked up on this on the net, and fell into a bit of a scare with the side effects. So since then I've been taking a slightly smaller dose of the Fincar tablet and I feel fine.

I've also gone ahead and bought some Revivogen with the idea of easing off the Fincar daily dosage until I replace it Revivogen to see how I respond to that.

Anyway - hairloss after a shower has improved big time... I'm fewer hairs in the plughole than ever before in my life, and what I believe is just a normal, healthy amount of daily hairloss.

It's hard to tell, but even at this early stage I see some improvement for sure, at least my hair feels and looks healthier than in the first pics.

Wet hair after shower:

Towel Dry