Long Hair And Shedding

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
How does the length of the hair influences hair loss? Or may be vice versa... anyway, I want to grow my hair long and wonder if my hair loss will increase because of that. Those of you who have or had long hair, give me an advice please.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No your hairloss won't increase if you grow your hair long, that is a common myth!

However, if you have a receding temples, growing your hair long may make your hairloss look worse than it actually is. This is because a long fringe and long sides especially, makes the forehead look deceptively high. It often results in the academic professor look.

This is why I gave up on growing my hair long once I passed the NW2 stage because it now looks ridiculous!

Conversely if your hairloss is diffuse thinning on top, long hair will look good and probably camouflage your thinning quite well.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
To tell you the truth my hair is rather long right now. It's about 5 cm, it can almost reach my eyes if I stretch it. But I usually comb it to the right so it looks good. But my aim is approximately 20-30 cm, you know, like a metalhead image.
Well, I will look how it will look in the future. It's great that it won't cause any additional hair loss that is the most important for me...