Long shedding period

mayonegg

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been on proscar (1.25mg/day) since Feb of 2012 and rogaine 5% once daily since then as well. I never noticed a huge shedding period when I started luckily and it seemed that my hair loss was slowing down. But last year I ran out of refills for proscar for maybe 2 mo and I couldn't get a Dr. appt in those two months (busy with school and what not). But I did eventually get refills. Here is the thing, last year around aug or sept, a couple months after I started proscar back up, I noticed a **** storm of shedding. And now 9+ months later my hair is still shedding anywhere between 10-30 hair in the sink (+ god knows how many more in the shower). My hair is much thinner up front and in the crown now. My question is should I stop proscar all together or just wait it out more? Has anyone had a shed this long on finasteride? Ppl say that shed is a good thing and the hair will come back stronger but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Tough call Mayonegg. Yours is yet another unfortunate example of the uniqueness each M.P.B. sufferer's experience really can be. Have you gotten a recent blood lab to compare with your baseline. For now I believe I would hold the line and continue on it. Stopping now may only produce more negative effects. Give it more time and you may rebound. Good luck.