long time reader, first time poster

father_mcenzie

Reaction score
i know its a long post (sorry!)

im from the uk and am nearly 22 and have had bad thinning hair since i was 16. I started using regaine at 18 and have been using it ever since (except for 6 months when i fell for something called 'nutrifolica').
I think its working although the hair at the front doesnt seem to have grown in 4 years and for the last year ive had to use toppik (toppik is my holy grail, without this i dont what i would have done). even if regaine isnt working i think im too scared to stop using it.
i have also recently fell for the procerin scam but threw it away. i also found something called 'hormozone' from shytobuy.co.uk. i dunno why i bought it! ive tried it for 3 months, its doing nothing and i cant be arsed with it anymore.
im gettin a bit down about the whole routine. i have to wash my hair and put toppik on everyday cos regaine makes toppik come of in yor hand. plus its expensive, and im not seeing any improvement and a slow decline in hair count.
ive recenly been thinking about a hair transplant. but after browsing this forum i thought i might try the following:

get dermmatch and drop toppik as its cheaper
keep regaine
get avodart (dutasteride) - i found a couple of sites that seem to sell it. im not sure though. they say 'request avodart'

what do u think?

i know alot of u would say get your shaved but i cannot get my head shaved. i havent got the self esteem to go out like that!

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine will not stop hairloss - only force some of the DHT-murdered hairs to come to life again. DHT will still attack your follicles. Keep Rogaine, get on Finasteride (Proscar) and get on Nizoral also.

In addition, good idea about Dermmatch (I'm using it myself and this is MY hole bible).

G

father_mcenzie

I would go for Dr Lee's Minoxidil, it drys in under 30 minutes (unlike Rogaines 2-3 hours) and is cheaper than Rogaine in the UK (£8.90p for 65ml of Dr Lee's minoxidil as opposed to £29.99 for 60ml of slow drying Rogaine)

So...

Minoxidil 5% two times a day.
Propecia 1mg a day (cheaper to buy 5mg Proscar pills and chop 'em up)
Nizoral 2% shampoo 3 times a week.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
father_mcenzie said:
i know its a long post (sorry!)

im from the uk and am nearly 22 and have had bad thinning hair since i was 16. I started using regaine at 18 and have been using it ever since (except for 6 months when i fell for something called 'nutrifolica').
I think its working although the hair at the front doesnt seem to have grown in 4 years and for the last year ive had to use toppik (toppik is my holy grail, without this i dont what i would have done). even if regaine isnt working i think im too scared to stop using it.
i have also recently fell for the procerin scam but threw it away. i also found something called 'hormozone' from shytobuy.co.uk. i dunno why i bought it! ive tried it for 3 months, its doing nothing and i cant be arsed with it anymore.
im gettin a bit down about the whole routine. i have to wash my hair and put toppik on everyday cos regaine makes toppik come of in yor hand. plus its expensive, and im not seeing any improvement and a slow decline in hair count.
ive recenly been thinking about a hair transplant. but after browsing this forum i thought i might try the following:

get dermmatch and drop toppik as its cheaper
keep regaine
get avodart (dutasteride) - i found a couple of sites that seem to sell it. im not sure though. they say 'request avodart'

what do u think?

i know alot of u would say get your shaved but i cannot get my head shaved. i havent got the self esteem to go out like that!

Urm how long are u leaving the regaine in b4 washing your hair?? Because your supposed to leave it in 4hrs b4 wasing. So you may of been washing it out before it gets the chance to work. Also have you looked into finasteride as oppose to Dust??

Where Can Dr Lees QD be bought??

G

Bert said:
Also have you looked into finasteride as oppose to Dust??

Where Can Dr Lees QD be bought??

I agree with bert here, definately go for Finasteride before Dutasteride, Dutasteride has a higher reported incidence of side effects.

You can get Dr Lees stuff at http://www.Xandrox.com

The fast drying minoxidil is product 500 Standard Minoxidil 5%, 65 mL   $16.65

P.S I have just ordered 7 bottles of Dr Lee's stuff and I will post when it arrives in the UK to tell ya'll how long it took.