Long Time Veteran Looking For Advice

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've been a member here since about 2005 but never really shared my story until now. I started balding in high school at roughly 15-16. Once I got to college I underwent severe emotional stress from being away from home and also being in an unhealthy long distance relationship. I believe at this time my hair loss accelerated greatly and I progressed to an advanced nw3 (most of my loss is at the hairline). I got on propecia in 2006 at age 20 and I think I maintained on it but was super embarrassed of my hair given I was already moderately balding at 20.

I jumped on rogaine foam after being on propecia for almost 2 years and saw some good regrowth and thickening. I also added tricomin and dr. Lees spironolactone cream and solution. I gained back enough to consider myself a Norwood 2-2.5.

However, over the last few years my hairline is regressing back to baseline if not worse. I'm currently on 5mg finasteride a day, rogaine foam twice a day, tricomin, and nizoral shampoo. I've dabbled in things like s5 cream and recently bought premade RU from kaneshop but I don't trust it enough to use it long term. I tried avodart twice in the past for roughly 8-10 months and I truly believe my frontal hairloss worsened on it.

My question is what should I try next? I'm almost 31 but have the hairline of a 60 year old. It sucks to see some good progress and feel relatively good but now I'm back to square one and scared the battle may be over for me soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
We're so similar. I had male pattern baldness in high school and jumped on finasteride when I was 17.

finasteride never really stopped my hairline recession and I tried to up the dose before too.

But I don't think you should resort to higher dosage of finasteride...I regretted that. Taking finasteride long term really screwed me over and taking higher dose made things worse for my body (and in turn, my hair too)