Longer hair, more shedding?

corvidae

Reaction score
My long hair was shedding frequently. Cut my hair, and rarely see any hairs fall out. I look on my work table, lots of long hairs shed but very rarely see any short ones.
I do have a habit of tugging at my hair and messing around with it when stressed (always). This doesn't seem scientific though. I'm wondering if my hair is breaking apart when it's longer because it's not healthy enough to sustain or something.
What's going on?

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I've thought about this too since my hair it long.
Honestly I think its just because you can see long hair more easily therefore you notice it falling out. Think about living with women. Their hair is everywhere!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
My long hair was shedding frequently. Cut my hair, and rarely see any hairs fall out. I look on my work table, lots of long hairs shed but very rarely see any short ones.
I do have a habit of tugging at my hair and messing around with it when stressed (always). This doesn't seem scientific though. I'm wondering if my hair is breaking apart when it's longer because it's not healthy enough to sustain or something.
What's going on?

Yes I believe you will have more shedding with long hair. Although you see them more during the shedding BUT its more difficult to maintain and supply the long hair , they need more vitamins and nutrients to be healthy , So its more easier to maintain the short hair, I would keep them short and use conditioner .

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude what the hell are you saying? Length of hair has no effect on catagen/telogen/anagen phase. Lol hair is nothing but dead protein and dont need more vitamins and nutrients than a normal shorter strand per se. The nutrients etc are needed at the follicle to build a healthy hair thats it. Dont spread bullchit. Thank you!!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude what the hell are you saying? Length of hair has no effect on catagen/telogen/anagen phase. Lol hair is nothing but dead protein and dont need more vitamins and nutrients than a normal shorter strand per se. The nutrients etc are needed at the follicle to build a healthy hair thats it. Dont spread bullchit. Thank you!!

Dude I'm talking from my own experience and I said its more easier to keep the short hair when you have dandruff ! You better to watch your language because from your post its obvious that you are saying the bull**** not me ! Who are you and who let you to come here and insult to my opinion ? You better go and reread my post before you make any judgment and say some irrelevant post !! got it? Thank you !!

corvidae

Reaction score

I was more thinking the hair is unhealthy and "breaking" rather than falling out from the follicle itself. IIRC, the white bulbs signify the hair has reached the end of its "life" and falls out. I see that in around 1/10 hairs
I'm kinda wondering if it's that my hair is inherently unhealthy, so the longer it is, the higher chance it has of "breaking", from being unable to support itself. At shorter lengths maybe there's enough structural integrity to make it stay where it is.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe you will have more shedding with long hair. Although you see them more during the shedding BUT its more difficult to maintain and supply the long hair , they need more vitamins and nutrients to be healthy , So its more easier to maintain the short hair, I would keep them short and use conditioner .
Well even if they are your opinion i think they are wrong. I also have an opinion and it goes like this : what you said in this post really is incorrect IMO. Now you are talking abt dandruff?? Lol i dont see it in this post. Dont get worked up mister, it wont do you any good, You wanna call me a few names fine do that but plz dont get worked up so badly over such a minor issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I was more thinking the hair is unhealthy and "breaking" rather than falling out from the follicle itself. IIRC, the white bulbs signify the hair has reached the end of its "life" and falls out. I see that in around 1/10 hairs
I'm kinda wondering if it's that my hair is inherently unhealthy, so the longer it is, the higher chance it has of "breaking", from being unable to support itself. At shorter lengths maybe there's enough structural integrity to make it stay where it is.
Oh okay. . yea the longer the hair the more chance it ll BREAK i guess. I dont think we would call that shedding as your post suggests. Shedding is hair falling out from follicles. Good day!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score