longhairandwannakeepit's story

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here, as you can probably tell.
Over the past year/eighteen months, I've been wondering on and off if my hairline is receeding, but most people thought it wasn't, so I didn't worry too much about it.
However, recently, in the past couple of months or so, it has receeded a little more. I went to my doctor to see what could be done, to which he said that it wasn't to a high enough degree to prescribe regaine or propecia, but he'd have a look at it next time I see him (22nd).

Here are some pics. I would just like some advice on what I should be doing/taking etc? I'm only 20 by the way, and I like my hair!

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... AG0572.jpg

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... AG0569.jpg

IBM

Reaction score
in the early stages baldness is something that we feel but we cant figure out by looking in the mirror.

Start propecia now. Sooner the better.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with IBM. You have thick hair, propecia is all you need for now and probably for many years it will not get worse.

p.s. Cut your hair short it will look much better imho!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Jack82 said:
I agree with IBM. You have thick hair, propecia is all you need for now and probably for many years it will not get worse.

p.s. Cut your hair short it will look much better imho!

Propecia wont grow his temples back, if he wants them back, he needs to start minoxidil.

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies!

When it comes to taking these drugs though, do you have to take them forever? I don't like the idea of that, but of course, I'll do anything for my hair, so if it's required I'd have to.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to take them as long as you want to keep your hair. If you stop using them your hair will turn to what it would be if you were not on treatment. IMHO get on meds, they can buy you 3-5 years of (at least) maintenance and till then maybe something better could have hit the market that will give you even more hair, or would not be a hassle to use.

good luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Jack82 said:
You have to take them as long as you want to keep your hair. If you stop using them your hair will turn to what it would be if you were not on treatment. IMHO get on meds, they can buy you 3-5 years of (at least) maintenance and till then maybe something better could have hit the market that will give you even more hair, or would not be a hassle to use.

good luck!

very true, as long as you maintain what you have, there is always a chance something better comes out in the future.