Look at my story! Others could have same issue

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new member here. I've gathered soooooo much info from all of the users here and appreciated it. Well, I'm 23 and started noticing some temple recession on my hairline (right side only) when I was 21. My girlfriend was stressing me out at the time majorly and now that I look back it was probably due to stress. Anyway, I got some rogaine foam and started that at night only and it pretty much did nothing but make my hair feel odd.

So, I decided to prevent Hairloss like everyone on here. I went to my sisters derm and she told me she would give me finasteride 5mg to quarter. This was October 2013. I took it religiously up until now, however this past November almost a year from when I got on it, I experienced a random burning pain on the left side of my head. Thought nothing of it until it happened again the next day. I was getting itchy above my hairline, but it wasn't until the next day that I noticed a change. I always use gel and style my hair. I was trying to style it and I could see my scalp now. Very odd, but I went to school and dealt with it later. About a week went by and I started shedding a crap load of hair in the shower, if I pulled on them, anything. My scalp was pretty oily as well and I was getting crazy dandruff when I used minoxidil so I dropped it (also got irritation at this time)

I developed a rash under my arm pit, I got s sty on my eye lid and the Hairloss continued. The thing that threw me was that I was getting random morning wood and was extremely horny for the next month.

It's now jan.27 and shedding let up around jan.2-3. Now I only have a few hairs in the shower. However, my scalp is painful (feels bruised) and I'm getting pimples along my hairline. Putting everything together, I think I finally developed reflex hyperandrogencity from finasteride and it's now time to give it up. My hair is worse than it was when I started and I wasn't losing hair that bad. Never noticed a shed or anything just that slight temple recession.

I did see my dermatologist and she told me to quit finasteride and yes I've tried t-gel and nizoral shampoo. Nothing is helping.

Has anyone else gotten any of what I described??

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on finasteride and was using liquid minoxidil at night for about a year before finasteride.