Looking for a good "cheap" surgeon.

nilla

Reaction score
Im a 30 year old male with a receding hairline,not that bad but enough to drive me crazy.
Every where else is nice and thick.
It seems to want to recede more on one side then the other making it look odd.
Anyway,i use minoxidil even though its mostly for the crown just to be on the safe side.
It seems to make the back thicker but nothing for the line.
So,im ready for the big gun s.
Im looking for a good reptuable surgeon around Arizona "Tucson" or Michigan "Lansing".
Can anyone be of help here?

Thanks

B_

theanimator

Reaction score
Sounds like you have what I had. I went to Dr. Sharon Keene in Tucson and so far I'm very happy with the results. I posted a few pics in this forum "TheAnimator 4 months PostOp". I don't know how many grafts you need, but I bet it wouldn't cost you more than 5k with Dr. Keene. I would recommend her.

G

Whatever you do, do not base your decision on cost, base it on talent and ethics.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exactly you cant base this like you're buying a product because there's much more to it than that. The outcome between different surgeons will vary hugely and however it turns out will have an effect on your life either positively or negatively.

nilla

Reaction score
Well,how about some opinions on the question?
Who do you sugggest?
If i find two surgeons that are "equally" great, but one is less expensive,,well,ima pick the cheaper one.
Maybe i should of clarified "Fairly priced and good at what they do".

s.a.f

Reaction score
I suggest you keep researching, look at the experiences and results of people on this section. There is no real set pricing structure you have to know first how many grafts you'll need and what your expectations are. A consult with the surgeon will give you a rough estimation. But price should'nt be a bearing on your final choice. No hair transplant is cheap really good or bad its going to cost more than a few thousand$.

nilla

Reaction score
Im expecting to pay around 5k.
I just want to make sure im not having a surgeon thats gonna charge me 5k do a worse job then say a surgeon that charges 4k..
Just want what i pay for.
Still would love to hear from anyone thats had work in these areas of the US.
Let me now your experiences.

IBM

Reaction score
nilla said:
I just want to make sure im not having a surgeon thats gonna charge me 5k do a worse job then say a surgeon that charges 4k..

Dont forget that you'll need more than one procedure.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
If your 30 and your only problen is an uneven slightly receded hairline, 5 k seems reasonable to me. 4.50-5.00 a graft, 1000 grafts, works for me. Also, you may not need 2 procedures.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
nilla said:

5k? Dude you're dreaming. Try 10k minimum for anything significant. 20k is more realistic.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
nilla said:

5k? Dude you're dreaming. Try 10k minimum for anything significant. 20k is more realistic.

or 12-14 for 3000-4000 grafts strip

nilla

Reaction score
As far as "maybe" needing more then one procedure,,this would be due to the fact that some hair around the new grafts might continue to fall out correct?
Also,i should be on and always continue to use the "big3" now and through out my life even after surgery right?

I will post sopme pics soon so i can get a solid answer,,thanks.

nilla

Reaction score
theanimator said:
Sounds like you have what I had. I went to Dr. Sharon Keene in Tucson and so far I'm very happy with the results. I posted a few pics in this forum "TheAnimator 4 months PostOp". I don't know how many grafts you need, but I bet it wouldn't cost you more than 5k with Dr. Keene. I would recommend her.

Well,,"DUDE!!!!"
Thats why im on here,,,to learn.
And as what he^^^^ said,he has about the same hairline as me and paid around 5k.
Thats where i got my numbers from.

nilla

Reaction score
Well.here are some pics of the hair line.
Im just wanting to fix the receding of it,nothing in the back as i dont think i need it.
Picture195.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture197.jpg

Picture196.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
3000 grafts max. But better be sure you're not going to lose anymore.

nilla

Reaction score
Thats about what i thought.
If i had it done then began to lose some hair behind the new line can it just be filled?
Or is there prob's doing this?

Also,what would this hair type (baldness)be?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Currently Nw3 you could keep refilling it but would soon run out of donor hair if it progressed back more than an inch or two. If you do have surgery I'd be very conservative as people who receed at the sides (temple points) often end up with a high degree of loss.

nilla

Reaction score
Well,i have been on rogaine for a few years and it seems to help the bac get thicker even though it might not need it.
I do se the front going farther back on it though..
You think if i start and add finasteride i can hault this?