Looking for a good tool to apply rogaine..

hairloss

Reaction score
I bought Rogaine package from Costco. It provides two ways to apply the lotion: one is small tube, which can only apply to tiny area at a time. The other is spray which wastes a lot of lotion on hair. Are there other tools that I can buy, to apply Rogaine more effectively in larger scalp area, w/o wasting too much on hair? I may not the first one raising this question.

Thanks.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
An eye dropper seems to work the best.

be001g

Reaction score
Using the eye dropper is the best way. Usually you get one with the kit. If not, buy RiteAid brand Minoxidil 5% from drugstore.com. It costs less than 30$ for a 3-month supply. Nizoral is cheap there, too. If you spend more than 49$, shipping is free.

You get a very good dropper from the RiteAid brand (and the stupid sprayer). Spraying is only recommended for those with big hairless patches, where dropping in not effective. Not for those that are thinning. It's the big gun.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
If you can't find a dropper at the pharamcy go to a pet super store like Petco or PetSmart. They always have 1ml droppers there.

G

i go to my acupunture therapist everyday and he uses needles that are hollowed out/ each filled w/ about 1/20 of a dose of monxidil. He puts 20 neddles in my scalp and lets them sit for 30 mins while he does the rest of the job. This wastes none on your hair. The thing about acupuncture is u really dont feel it, so my threrapist thought it would be funny to put a couple needles in my eyeballs for a month to see what happend. Now i have what appears to be pubic hair growing out of my eyecavaties. My therapist is such a trickster... Ill get him back :evil: