Looking for a natural non-topical/non-DHT inhibitor treatment(pills)

neuromotor

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
To be honest I'm pretty lazy with topical hair treatments & I also don't like them so much as I can't really feel free with my scalp & hair after applying those topicals, so I'm looking for the best natural non-DHT inhibitor treatment which I can take in pills.
I been searching for this kind of treatment all over, but unfortunately most of them are topical solutions.
I hope there is something out there that works, because I really want to stop all this DHT-reduction treatments as they have some bad sides. currently i'm on finasteride but I quitted it for a week now and I thought about using saw palmetto instead but it may give me the same side effects...:(

I'm looking forward for your help guys.
Thanks in advance :)

neuromotor

Reaction score
Thanks man.
But I got to say that your statement below("Whenever I see the word 'natural' I replace it with 'garbage'.") really made me think twice if your reply is true or false(due to your "hate" for natural products) lol ;)

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry! Nothing natural works!

You'll need to use proven synthetic pharmaceutical medicine in order to treat your hair loss appropriately. If you're really suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, the very minimum you can do to treat it is to at least get on Finasteride. Treatments that inhibit DHT don't always cause bad side effects. I take Dutasteride which is basically a stronger version of Finasteride, and haven't had any issues, and almost one year on the treatment as well. These drugs have have a good safety profile.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two natural options:
Saw Palmetto. But if you're going to try and inhibit DHT, you may as well go with Finasteride or Dutasteride.
Also, castor oil does work to some extent, but don't expect any kind of cosmetic difference (however it doesnt affect DHT).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and dutasteride are the two strongest compounds currently available for lowering DHT...

Sometimes, neither of those is strong enough to stop hair loss...

And you want something 'natural', which has maybe 5% the efficacy of those ?

Good luck!

Reaction score
Saw palmetto hmmmm.. wasted one year on that crap before getting on finasteride 1,25.. did nothing for me except for draining my wallet..pretty expensive to ship to Europe.
I think most of us here on this forum have learned the hard way that there is a few FDA products on the market that can make a real difference.

This may not stop DHT but i been trying Niacin 250mg (vitamin B3) for about a week now..pretty cool stuff you get this crazy flush, your whole body is turning red!
Your veins will expand and your scalp will itch in a good way...this might be good for hair growth :D

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw palmetto hmmmm.. wasted one year on that crap before getting on finasteride 1,25.. did nothing for me except for draining my wallet..pretty expensive to ship to Europe.
I think most of us here on this forum have learned the hard way that there is a few FDA products on the market that can make a real difference.

This may not stop DHT but i been trying Niacin 250mg (vitamin B3) for about a week now..pretty cool stuff you get this crazy flush, your whole body is turning red!
Your veins will expand and your scalp will itch in a good way...this might be good for hair growth :D

Terrible idea. Niacin flushes boost PGD2. That scalp itch you're feeling is your follicles getting attacked.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
in before "eat your jizz"

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Came across that video once, I have no idea what he's saying LOL
Here's a funnier one [video=youtube;Um6XDlVOc2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6XDlVOc2U[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

LOL dude, how do you know that itch is your follicles getting attacked. btw I tried 500mg of the flush Niacin and almost died

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry! Nothing natural works!

You'll need to use proven synthetic pharmaceutical medicine in order to treat your hair loss appropriately. If you're really suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, the very minimum you can do to treat it is to at least get on Finasteride. Treatments that inhibit DHT don't always cause bad side effects. I take Dutasteride which is basically a stronger version of Finasteride, and haven't had any issues, and almost one year on the treatment as well. These drugs have have a good safety profile.

Are you serious or should i say seriously as a moderator by stating this crap.
But then again after seeing your desperate regime, and no offence but just by guessing you live in the US right?
Quiet alarming as a moderator to claim something he docent understand, outside he´s own comfort zone by using drugs since they are proven for obvious reasons.

ren01

Reaction score
Are you serious or should i say seriously as a moderator by stating this crap.
But then again after seeing your desperate regime, and no offence but just by guessing you live in the US right?
Quiet alarming as a moderator to claim something he docent understand, outside he´s own comfort zone by using drugs since they are proven for obvious reasons.

hows the green tea and healthy diet going along with hot and cold showers? :laugh:

Reactions: kir

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
hows the green tea and healthy diet going along with hot and cold showers? :laugh:

Got my hair back after 20 years of hair loss thats all, but it docent matter for me since it was for my health purpose from the beginning.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my hair back after 20 years of hair loss thats all, but it docent matter for me since it was for my health purpose from the beginning.

Please don't mislead people. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't still be on the forum if you got your hair back from such a regime.

To those suggesting Saw Palmetto...he asked for a NON-DHT inhibitor, so you can scrap that idea right off the bat.

Again, to reiterate...nothing natural is proven to work for this purpose. Trust me, we've looked.

Reactions: kir

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26010505
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]The topical application of S. repens extract could be an alternative treatment in male pattern baldness in male patients who do not want or cannot tolerate the side-effects of standard medications, but the use of a concentrated S. repens product beyond 4 weeks may be necessary for sustained efficacy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23298508
We also clinically observed, that finasteride acts in both the front area and the vertex, while Serenoa repens prevalently in the vertex.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]
This study establishes the effectiveness of naturally occurring 5AR inhibitors against Androgenetic Alopecia for the first time, and justifies the expansion to larger trials.

No conclusive but there exist something.....