Looking for help with supplements?

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Relatively new member here. Started the big 3 3 weeks ago, aggressive male pattern baldness at 19 (nw2 temples, heavy thinning in nw6 pattern).

I also take men's multivit and fish oil everyday, as well as green tea extract.
I've read here that some people take Biotin and something called MSM?

I want to add these two to my regimen, but not really sure as to what dosage or even where to buy them? Are these over the counter supplements? I am from Canada.

Any advice welcome!
Cheers

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
Biotin - is useful for skin, nails and hair strength but do not promote hair growth only makes hair more durable. Daily dosage required by the body is 300mc up-to 5mg per day is safe. Nails become really hard with high dosages.

MSM - is for joint problems not sure if it has any relation to hair just drink raw milk and you will get it.
If you are on finasteride make sure to use some estrogen blocker as inhibiting DHT leads to increased estrogen production there is a complex formula of multivitamins from Optimum nutrition that has several herb extracts regulating estrogen and dht production called Opti-men.

Attachments

• optimen-facts.jpg
    optimen-facts.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 196

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Biotin - is useful for skin, nails and hair strength but do not promote hair growth only makes hair more durable. Daily dosage required by the body is 300mc up-to 5mg per day is safe. Nails become really hard with high dosages.

MSM - is for joint problems not sure if it has any relation to hair just drink raw milk and you will get it.
If you are on finasteride make sure to use some estrogen blocker as inhibiting DHT leads to increased estrogen production there is a complex formula of multivitamins from Optimum nutrition that has several herb extracts regulating estrogen and dht production called Opti-men.

Thanks.
Yes I am and i'm already on a multivit. I'll take a look at opti-men when I run out.
Cheers