Looking for your thoughts, please!

cde123

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I've been visiting this site for some time researching and deciding whether a hair transplant is something that I would like to proceed with. I've always been self-conscience about my receding hairline but only recently has it come to a point where I'd like to make a decision.

I'm 29 years old and I've had only a gradual receding hair line and can say I'm thankful for that. My father had a noticable receding hairline at 25, but both my grandparents had a full head of hair. I've received different feedback as to how genetics will play into my future hair loss. However, I would like to gather everyone’s thoughts about whether a hair transplant would be right for me.

What are your thoughts about the number FUE's I may need? It's also been recommended to stay away from strip which I would like to do as well.

I haven't taken any of the 'big 3' at this point but would consider doing so after the transplant. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at maintaining a daily routine.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

(Note: This picture is actually taken from a post from Pyro a few days ago but the hairline is completely IDENTICAL to mine. I didn't have a picture available).

Attachments

• hair.JPG
    hair.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,183

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Well purely looking at your picture(ah i mean a picture that looks like you,prob best to put up ya own) it would seem you only have temple recession and the rest looks thick so i shouldnt think a hair transplant would be a bad choice on your part.What does your crown look like?

However you need to get on the big three now and make sure you take it religiously,its really not that hard,one pill a day,couple applications of minoxidil and a shampoo every 3 days or so.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hairloss genetics are a complete lottery everyone in your family could have great hair but if you had one you could follow a distant relative who is nw7!
You need to get on the big 3 before a hair transplant but if you're 30 with only that temple recession I'd say its unlikely that you'll ever have a really excessive degree of hairloss.
2000 grafts would be enough to make a good cosmetic improvement but you may not be able to get that many in one FUE session.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Jude Law much?? :woot:

Dude from what i've seen I think you're an awesome candidate for a hair transplant. You're about 30 and good thick hair that looks pretty solid. But having said that I would not lower your hairline to juvenile. If you plan to go ahead with a hair transplant keep it reasonably conservative (but thick). Thats my two cents.

cde123

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
Well purely looking at your picture(ah i mean a picture that looks like you,prob best to put up ya own) it would seem you only have temple recession and the rest looks thick so i shouldnt think a hair transplant would be a bad choice on your part.What does your crown look like?

Thankfully, my crown is pretty full. I'm sure it'll lighten up here in the next few years but I don't feel that need to think about a hair transplant in the crown area.

cde123

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Jude Law much?? :woot:

Dude from what i've seen I think you're an awesome candidate for a hair transplant. You're about 30 and good thick hair that looks pretty solid. But having said that I would not lower your hairline to juvenile. If you plan to go ahead with a hair transplant keep it reasonably conservative (but thick). Thats my two cents.

Why the suggestion about hairline? One thing that I've always had is a slightly high forehead. My thought would be that if I'm going to do that precedure to fill in some of the temple area that I would lower the hairline just a tad.

nilla

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hairloss genetics are a complete lottery everyone in your family could have great hair but if you had one you could follow a distant relative who is nw7!
You need to get on the big 3 before a hair transplant but if you're 30 with only that temple recession I'd say its unlikely that you'll ever have a really excessive degree of hairloss.2000 grafts would be enough to make a good cosmetic improvement but you may not be able to get that many in one FUE session.

Not to call you out,,

But,,,,,,Didnt you just tell me different??

Heres what you just told me...

{Currently Nw3 you could keep refilling it but would soon run out of donor hair if it progressed back more than an inch or two. If you do have surgery I'd be very conservative as people who receed at the sides (temple points) often end up with a high degree of loss.

But you just told him he shouldnt expect to lose anymore????

Im confused???
If im misunderstanding,,my appologize.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes in the photo showing which area he wants filled it looks as though his temple points have receeded quite a bit which is nearly always associated with nw7's but he's since posted another pic which does'nt look so bad. I guess it must have just been the angle of that one pic. :dunno: So yeah it does'nt look too bad.

G

Well first tell us what your family history is. I mean what is the most advanced Norwood class of hairloss on either side? I also agree to get on the meds first 'before' any decisions are made regarding surgery. If the family history is nothing beyond class 5, then you should be okay. Still get on the meds first though.