Looking to get FUE in 2021 (USA only)-suggestions wanted

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
30 years old and live near Dallas, Texas looking to get FUE done, preferably within a days drive (12-15 hours) but willing to travel further within USA if it makes sense. I am unable to take finasteride or minoxidil, although I could take finasteride short term (to help with shock loss if that would make a difference)? My budget is about 15k (20k absolute max) and I am interested in getting FUE done by the end of the year. So far looking at Dr. Konir, Dr. Alexander, and Dr. Arocha.

My current situation is approximately Norwood 3-4v, with diffuse thinning to NW5, which appears to be my final pattern. My basic goal is to restore the mid scalp/ crown area as much as possible, and to long term be able to maintain a NW4A hair type-I am not as bothered by a receding hairline, more concerned about the large bald areas on the top/back. I of course want as dense of a result as possible, but understand it will not be possible to restore a full head of hair, and am also content with using hair fibers after a transplant.

Again, I’m NOT able to take finasteride or minoxidil, but Any other feedback or suggestions is appreciated! Pics are with flash and without.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,
30 years old and live near Dallas, Texas looking to get FUE done, preferably within a days drive (12-15 hours) but willing to travel further within USA if it makes sense. I am unable to take finasteride or minoxidil, although I could take finasteride short term (to help with shock loss if that would make a difference)? My budget is about 15k (20k absolute max) and I am interested in getting FUE done by the end of the year. So far looking at Dr. Konir, Dr. Alexander, and Dr. Arocha.

My current situation is approximately Norwood 3-4v, with diffuse thinning to NW5, which appears to be my final pattern. My basic goal is to restore the mid scalp/ crown area as much as possible, and to long term be able to maintain a NW4A hair type-I am not as bothered by a receding hairline, more concerned about the large bald areas on the top/back. I of course want as dense of a result as possible, but understand it will not be possible to restore a full head of hair, and am also content with using hair fibers after a transplant.

Again, I’m NOT able to take finasteride or minoxidil, but Any other feedback or suggestions is appreciated! Pics are with flash and without.
I would get an in person consult with Dr Arocha since you live in Texas. Konior is another good choice too. Have you ever tried to use topical finasteride?

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get an in person consult with Dr Arocha since you live in Texas. Konior is another good choice too. Have you ever tried to use topical finasteride?
Thanks for the feedback! Definitely considering consult with Arocha- I guess my hesitation with him is results seems hit or miss (I’ve seen great results and very underwhelming results).

I haven’t tried topical finasteride, but I got sides with microdosing oral when I was 25 so I don’t think it’d work for me personally.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Definitely considering consult with Arocha- I guess my hesitation with him is results seems hit or miss (I’ve seen great results and very underwhelming results).

I haven’t tried topical finasteride, but I got sides with microdosing oral when I was 25 so I don’t think it’d work for me personally.
I would only consult with him just because you live in Texas. I really think an in person consultation is better. Then consult with at least 3 to 4 other clinics and I would definitely consult with Hasson and Wong. It's in Canada but it might be worth opening up that option. The more opinions you get the better you will be educated about your situation. Without taking finasteride you could be left only with transplanted hairs in the future and just your donor hair thinned out. @justinbieberscombover might be a good source to consult with too.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 30, without treatment at all, you should not get a hair transplant . Once you are in you can't just shave it cause you are not happy with the results. Hair transplat means scars , an excelent hair transplant will live little scar, but shave will not be longer be an option.
Don't get me wrong, but I strongly doubt that if you are a Norwood 4 difuse 5, will go only till nw5 .
Again, it is too dangerous, if you want to take the risk, understand 100 % what you are doing ( futher hair hair loss, hair loss shock cause hair transplant, limit donor area, etc )

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol don’t do Arocha... I live in Houston and had a consult with him. Dude is a snake.