LoosingHair's Story - (19 / rapidly loosing hair)

LoosingHair

Reaction score
Im 19 years old. Ive been loosing my hair for a year now, but untill a month ago my hair was still thick. I've been loosing about 300 hairs per day, every time i touch my hair 3 or 4 hairs fall out. And its not just on the top of my head, its at the sides, the back and also all over my body including my eyebrows, chest, legs, arms and even my beard. Ive still go a lot of hair on my body but not near as much as before as i am quite a hairy person. I dunno if its telogen effluvium male pattern baldness or both seeing as i am loosing my hair so f*****g fast. The hair loss on my head is diffused, i am not receeding at all and have a very low hair line even though it is very weak. I went to a dermatologist a couple months ago when i still had sh*t loads of hair, he told me its because of stress and told me to use nizoral, as i had a lot of dandruff and to take some vitamins (pil food, B12 and cod liver oil) and my hair will grow back. However 2 months later my scalp is visible and i am shedding more hair than every before.

P.S i tried to use rogaine foam a month ago but quit after 3 days as it gave me heart palpitations and fucked up my eyes. I wonder if it has anything to do with my excessive shedding in the past month.

What do i do now??

Any help is appreciated.

LoosingHair

Reaction score
i just lost about 100 hairs trying to style my hair to conceal the thinning front...WHAT THE f*** MAN.

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
does not sound like male pattern baldness to me. Losing way to much hair and its all over your body.

I would go back to the doctors.

Maybe get your thyroid checked.

LoosingHair

Reaction score
thanks for your advice, i went to the docs and he said my thyroid levels were fine. I have started to see a lot of new little hairs growing from my legs. However visually my frontal and side thinning has become more noticeable since my last post. :(