Loprox?

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this anti-inflammatory prescription strength shampoo?
Please share your thoughts.

G

fro said:
Has anybody tried this anti-inflammatory prescription strength shampoo?
Please share your thoughts.

No. Seems like a anti fungal. We have at least four different anti fungal shampoos to choose from that are not RX.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have been posting about this shampoo since November when I got on it and I love it. Soothes the scalp like no other.

My advice flush all the others down the shitter and use it. By the way it will not kill DHT like Nizoral, but that is what propecia is for.....

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
How does it compare to nizoral? Is it as harsh? nizoral 1% and 2% tore my scalp up.
Thanks

G

fro said:
How does it compare to nizoral? Is it as harsh? nizoral 1% and 2% tore my scalp up.
Thanks

Sounds like you had some contract dermatitis from Nizoral. Most folks tolerate that shampoo very well.

Rotate dandruff shampoos, like H and S, TGEL, and selsun blue. Find out which ones work and continue to rotate them on a two week basis.

Good luck :lol:

Cassin

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
fro said:
Thanks

Sounds like you had some contract dermatitis from Nizoral. Most folks tolerate that shampoo very well.

Rotate dandruff shampoos, like H and S, TGEL, and selsun blue. Find out which ones work and continue to rotate them on a two week basis.

Same thing happened to me Bruce. So do you think after I have been on Folligen for a few months I could then tolerate Nizoral?

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, Cassin. My opinion would be to definitely not risk it. Even though it may have growth stimulant properties they seem minimal and only present for those whose seb derm responds well to ketoconazole.

Cassin

Reaction score
fro said:
Hey, Cassin. My opinion would be to definitely not risk it. Even though it may have growth stimulant properties they seem minimal and only present for those whose seb derm responds well to ketoconazole.

Yeah I think your right. I was considering trying T-GEL again though. It still was harsh on my scalp, but only half as bad as Nizoral. More than likely I will just stick to Folligen. It seems to be doing the job nicely.

G

Cassin said:
BruceLee said:
fro said:
Thanks

Same thing happened to me Bruce. So do you think after I have been on Folligen for a few months I could then tolerate Nizoral?

It is possible but may not be necessary. There are four or five effective anti inflammatory shampoos that are all quite good. Perhaps you can rotate them until you find several that you can tolerate!

What do you think??

Nothing magical about Nizoral per se, IMHO.

Cassin

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
It is possible but may not be necessary. There are four or five effective anti inflammatory shampoos that are all quite good. Perhaps you can rotate them until you find several that you can tolerate!

What do you think??

Nothing magical about Nizoral per se, IMHO.

I have tried them all Bruce. I have a collection of shampoos that I can't use. Ah oh well, no big deal.

Sorry to bog down your thread Fro.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
That's fine. It's good that the thread actually became something useful for more than just me. The post by redbone gave me an idea of how one person responded to loprox, but of course it willl differ from person to person. I'm surprised no one else here has tried it.