Loquat leaf extract( corosolic acid) as a hair growth stimul

Jacob

Reaction score
RT-PCR analysis of hair growth cycle related cytokines showed loquat leaf extract and corosolic acid up-regulated the mRNA expression levels of FGF-7, VEGF, BMP-2 and down-regulated that of FGF-5 in dermal papilla cells. It suggests that the loquat leaf extract and corosolic acid relates to hair growth by regulation of several growth factors in dermal papilla cells. We show here the molecular regulation of hair growth factors and cytokines by loquat leaf extract and corosolic acid, and describe the possibility for hair growth material

http://www.personalcaremagazine.com/Story.aspx?Story=1911

Banaba is another that contains the corosolic acid.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
"Upregulation of BMP2 suppresses proliferative activity and supports differentiation." (http://physrev.physiology.org/cgi/conte ... 1/1/449/T3)

"BMP2-induced differentiation also leads to activation of endogenous beta-catenin signaling thus implicating beta-catenin in early steps of BMP2-mediated osteoblast differentiation."

"Conclusion: These results lead us to the hypothesis that both BMP2 and ephrin A3 function as hair growth promoting factors in the hair cycle"

"BMP-2 upregulation is a good thing only BMP-4 upregulation is a bad thing for our hair"

Upregulation of FGF-7 (Sophora), VEGF (Adenosine) is also a very good idea. Good find!

Only..it's seems that upregulation of BMP2 is a good thing, but I can't really explain the first one :(

Jacob

Reaction score
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2006090613

Disclosed is a hair cosmetic comprising a substance having an inhibitory effect against testosterone 5&agr;-reductase, an effect of promoting the hair papilla cell growth, an effect of promoting the fibroblast growth factor-7 production, an effect of promoting the vascular endothelial growth factor production or an effect of promoting the bone forming factor-2 production. Also disclosed is a medicated hair tonic, a testosterone 5&agr;-reductase inhibitor, a hair papilla cell growth promoter, a fibroblast growth factor-7 production promoter, a vascular endothelial growth factor production promoter or a bone forming factor-2 production promoter comprising the substance as an active ingredient. The hair cosmetic has corosolic acid blended therein. The medicated hair tonic, testosterone 5&agr;-reductase inhibitor, hair papilla cell growth promoter, fibroblast growth factor-7 production promoter, vascular endothelial growth factor production promoter or bone forming factor-2 production promoter comprises corosolic acid as an active ingredient

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've contacted Markey from Garden of Wisdom in regards to loqaut leaf extract. She's trying to source it for me. I'll keep you posted.

Jacob

Reaction score
Any luck?

I plan to use it or whatever Elsom Research will be using that contains the corosolic acid(would be nice if it was the corosolic acid itself) in my next custom topical.