Lose vs Loose!!!

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
Lose
transitive verb experience reduction in something: to experience a reduction in something, for example, weight or heat [or hair].

Loose
adjective not firmly fixed: not firmly fastened or fixed in place • a loose floorboard.

People "lose" their keys or their hair. People do NOT "loose" their hair. "Loose" is (almost) never a verb!! A screw or a chick might be "loose" - but not your hair!

Thank you!

Deaner

Reaction score
When IS loose a verb?

Edit: Another thing is spelling regimen wrong, when there's a "View my Regimen" button right next to every single post.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I want to make some joke like "one relates to your mom and the other hair loss, you figure it out!" But I won't. =)

You guys must be young. Sucks to be you. I went through a lot of trouble to learn these little nuances of the English language. My parents have a shitty vocabulary, and passed their ignorance onto you. My advice is to make a list of words you hear and learn them. A guy at work got laughed at by a room full employees, aka INCONSIDERATE DICKS, because he pronounced the "g" in the word "paradigm". And my x was confused when somebody told her she didn't know how to "utilize" her time well. She didn't know that "utilize" was just a fancy alternative for "use". =)

Anyway, good luck on the vocab. To answer your question about scratching, I worry about that, too. I make sure I cut my fingernails more often than I used to, and if you do use a brush, maybe get one with those little balls at the end of each bristle. But I don't think it affects hair loss too much. A healthy follicle is so far into your scalp that scratching the surface doesn't matter much.