Losing Hair & peace of mind

PrinceNaveed

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I use to shed at least 30 to 70 hair strands on a daily bases now my hair fall has stopped, but my hair has started to thin when I used to experience hair fall my scalp wasn't visible now when my hair is thinning my scalp is getting more & more visible my entire right side is reducing rapidly whereas my left side is still intact. I am using Nizroal Shampoo every alternate day & apply coconut oil everyday before going to sleep. I tried Minoxidil for few weeks but my head used to pain severely in the morning after applying it so I stopped it my Doctor said no to finasteride. Any other medication or technique which I can use ? My Father is bald he started losing hair at the same age as mine 21 no one else in my family is bald can it be hereditary? what are the chances of my hair growing back ?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Any other medication or technique which I can use ? My Father is bald he started losing hair at the same age as mine 21 no one else in my family is bald can it be hereditary? what are the chances of my hair growing back ?
For the other medications : spironolactone cream maybe, though a lot of people say it's useless if not taken orally, and you don't want to take it orally. Search for tricomin too, and if you want to play chemist : RU58841.

Baldness IS hereditary, it doesn't mean that if your father is bald you'll necessarily be bald, but it's not a good sign.

If you have male pattern baldness and your only treatment is nizoral, you most likely won't regrow hair, this'll slow down your hairloss at best. If you're convinced you're balding (please post pics next time), try to get a prescription for finasteride from another doctor, or buy it online.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
In my experience I have only had luck with finasteride and minoxidil. I have tried other supplements that did absolutely nothing to stop my hair loss. Maybe others have had luck with other treatments? All the success stories I have seen were the result of either minoxidil or finasteride, usually both.