Lost hair, got it back, lost it again.

JosephX

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been treating myself for hair loss for about a year now. I had a noticeable bald spot, started using nutrafol and rogaine etc, and I honestly started seeing a significant improvement in my opinion.

Here is the back of my head from several months ago at my worst:

1.PNG

And here is how it looked within the last few months. Not sure if the photos justify it, but I felt a lot of hair had come back and I was feeling very comfortable with it.

2.jpg
3.PNG

Last Saturday I took a shower and started shedding like crazy. Now it looks like I'm back to square one:

4.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this? I've been seeing a dermatologist and they've kinda gone back and forth between this being caused by genetics and stress. I have been significantly stressed out recently, haven't been eating much, not much sleep and am wondering if that is the cause.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

JosephX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you need to stack another treatment. Minoxidil only is like adding water to a bottle that has a hole in it. Finasteride and other treatments help plug the hole.
I’ll start looking into Finasteride and see if that can help.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
you need to be on finasteride

that, and that alone, was the mistake you made

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been treating myself for hair loss for about a year now. I had a noticeable bald spot, started using nutrafol and rogaine etc, and I honestly started seeing a significant improvement in my opinion.

Here is the back of my head from several months ago at my worst:

View attachment 164154

And here is how it looked within the last few months. Not sure if the photos justify it, but I felt a lot of hair had come back and I was feeling very comfortable with it.

View attachment 164155View attachment 164156

Last Saturday I took a shower and started shedding like crazy. Now it looks like I'm back to square one:

View attachment 164159View attachment 164160View attachment 164162

Has anyone else experienced this? I've been seeing a dermatologist and they've kinda gone back and forth between this being caused by genetics and stress. I have been significantly stressed out recently, haven't been eating much, not much sleep and am wondering if that is the cause.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
How many months went by since you started rogaine ?

jazz1

Reaction score
You need a DHT blocker as minoxidil alone gradually decreases …..