loui1980's story - (Age 28, evaluating treatments)

loui1980

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this website and just thought ill post my story.

I am 28 years old and have always had a bit of thinning on my crown not much though. Approx 4 months I seperated from my wife and my diet has changed for the worse and along with stress I have seen further receding of my hair and even at the temples now.

I went to a hair treatment clininc and they said I am at level 3V on some sort of scale. They think I have a chance of regrowth so they have put me on the following:

1. Proscar 5 mg tablets and take one quarter each day.

2. Saw Palmetto 1 tablet per day

3, Regaine 2ML per day with a tube.

4. Some shampoo and conditioner to strengthen the hair.

Now I have only been on this for 2 weeks and whilst early days I feel my hair has thinned a bit further at the front. Some days it looks ok and other times I can see my scalp. Do you think this is common to see a bit more thinning at the initial stages with hopefully regrowth in the next 4 - 6 monts.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Loui

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hair Loss (new to site)

usually when you start using minoxidil you start shedding but it stops .
finasteride (the proscar you were given) also have the same effect.
are you still going to this hair clinic ?

loui1980

Reaction score

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah on an 8 month program. I will review at end hopefully i see some regrowth back. Now that I am single again after 8 years I actually care about getting my hair back.

Hopefully I see some results if not I will let nature take its course.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score

loui1980 said:
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah on an 8 month program. I will review at end hopefully i see some regrowth back. Now that I am single again after 8 years I actually care about getting my hair back.

Hopefully I see some results if not I will let nature take its course.

Sorry to hear about your relationship.

I went through a breakup of a 7-yr relationship... and we were engaged. It happened at about the same time I was moving to medical school. Big changes can be rough... just try not to focus the negative energy on your hairline... it can't fix what happened.

Best of luck with your program! That looks like a good start.