lovemyhair's story

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am a 29 year old asian male from vancouver bc. I first became aware of hairloss in the sixth grade when another boy passing by my chair said "hey your going to bald!" I checked the mirror at home and sure enough their was a bald spot on my crown the size of a loonie. Well I figured that was normal and didn't pay attention to it for years as the rest of my hair was very thick.

For the rest of my high school years I didn't worry at all about hairloss, but was going thru a period of low-self esteem didn't have many friends. Upon graduating high school and working at my first job at a supermarket, I began to gain self-esteem working out, taking care of what I ate , exchanged my thick glasses for contact lens and spiked my hair instead of leaving it uncombed. What a difference this made, cause I felt truly happy for a few years and even managed to get a girl friend :punk:
When I turned 22, I was going thru a very stressful 6 months because of a personal issue and yet again someone pointed out that i was getting a horseshoe! My scalp at this time was very tight, itchy and had big red bumps all over, but i never attrubted this to hairloss. I looked in the mirror close and sure enough my temples were receding, my right side worse than the left. At this point I went into a deep depression lasting for 6 years until I sought therapy and anti-depressents. I worked up the courage to final get on finasteride; on it for about 2 years and recently started foam on my 29th birthday. I still worry everyday about hairloss. But am overall am mentally better. Wished I hadn't wasted my twentys with worry.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
At the moment i am on the big three. I take 1/4 proscar when I wake up and minoxidil foam 2x a day.
Sides from proscar was decreased libido and slight decrease in stamina. When I started foam this september my cheeks have become somewhat puffy. Otherwise I am maintaining well on the crown and thinning on the temples has slowed. I plan to stay on treatments and improve my health in the new year. Any suggestions?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
thats pretty much all you can do.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with gray hairs as well? Its probably from worrying about hair loss :jackit:
Anyways, an update on my situation. My hair seems to be shedding far less than before; even a month ago I would lose many hairs in my hand in the shower and such but now only a single hair at the most and I shower twice a day. I've been on proscar for little over a year and foam since september. Wish me luck :punk:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lovemyhair said:
Does anyone have a problem with gray hairs as well? Its probably from worrying about hair loss :jackit:
Anyways, an update on my situation. My hair seems to be shedding far less than before; even a month ago I would lose many hairs in my hand in the shower and such but now only a single hair at the most and I shower twice a day. I've been on proscar for little over a year and foam since september. Wish me luck :punk:

its not from worrying too much lol