Low Laser Therapy - Regrowth, or not?

FUK-HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
Ok guys.. I made a post here the other day that was unacceptably long so I am revising it by posting my questions one at a time in hopes of receiving your responses..

I am considering going to a local laser clinic in Miami. I've been in touch with them and they initally conduct an analysis of your scalp by maginifying it to determine whether or not you're a "candidate" for laser treatment by assessing the condition of your follicles I'm assuming. If it is determined you are not likely to respond to laser treatment, they of course have other solutions such as transplant etc they will recommend/offer.

I am only interested in the laser therapy. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has had success with it. I owned the lasercomb for quite a few months but saw no progress in using it on a daily basis. While this could be considered overuse, if I was going to respond, I believe I would have seen evidence of that within a few weeks. The low laser therapy this clinic offers claims to have a laser many times more powerful than the lasercomb, which I can certainly believe based on the size of the comb.

Do you guys feel its worth a shot? Each session runs about $150.00 with a recommendation of anywhere from 1-3 sessions a week for a 10-15 week period depending on your analysis.. I'm thinking of breaking out one of my credit cards and going for the gold.. if I respond, I should respond well.. if I dont.. well I just wasted $1500 I really shouldnt have spent.. cause if I dont see any indication of response after 6 weeks I'd stop the treatment.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score

FUK-HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
thanks for the reply but I already read that long ago.. and I'm using minoxidil and finest as we speak.. they do not appear to be doing anything for me.. ive noticed excess hairloss in the past month or so..

im looking for another alternative.. while I understand those are the "big 3", there has to be users of this board who have both had success and failure with laser treatment.. those are the responses I'm primarily looking for

cloud

Reaction score
Fuk-hairloss,

Yes, you were over-using the lasercomb.

if I was going to respond, I believe I would have seen evidence of that within a few weeks.

:roll:
It takes several months to see results from *any* treatment. You cannot know if you're a good responder within a few weeks.

I've had good results with the lasercomb, but it took me 3-4 months.

Cloud

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've already tried the lasercomb and the big 3 and none of it works, then it sounds like your pretty much screwed. I'm not trying to sound negative but I would rather take the money that your going to spend on the laser clinic treatments and put it towards FUT surgery myself. That looks to be the route I'm going within the next 2 years.