Low Level Laser Therapy LLLT, new technologies

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Lasers won't do anything for your hair. It's expensive and well-marketed snake-oil

Max West

Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Lasers won't do anything for your hair. It's expensive and well-marketed snake-oil

I believe it just doesn't work well without anti-androgens and vitamins. Because LLLT is a growth stimulant - and it will work only for good scalp with enough "scalp protection" and "building materials" for hair.

But I want to be sure that it's safe =)

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Max West said:
I believe it just doesn't work well without anti-androgens and vitamins. Because LLLT is a growth stimulant - and it will work only for good scalp with enough "scalp protection" and "building materials" for hair.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but.... I bought the hair max laser comb when i first decided to do something about my hair loss (im 23 btw)....spent $500 on the f*****g thing...took 3 months to pay it off....and it did NOTTTHIINNGGGGG. Of course by the time I figured out that it was a complete waste of money, it was too late to get my money back :( (believe me..$500 to a 23 year old with 30k in school debt and a car/apartment to pay for IS A BIG f*****g DEAL)

But I guess you have to get burned once to learn your lesson..thankfully I learned mine and only got away with being ripped off for $500, instead of being like some people who get ripped off for thousands with hair loss treatments.

I've looked on a few different hair loss forums..and i have not seen before and after pictures from ANYONE using just lasers that shows any significant improvement. The sick thing is if you go on the hair max laser forum..they have a moderator on there who will tell young people like myself that the laser comb will stop their hair loss and regrow their hair without any additional treatment...which is complete bullshit.

I saw one funny thread where some guy was claiming that the laser comb had really helped thicken his hair and grow it back over a year period...then he also mentioned he had been taking dutasteride for the whole year LOL...wonder which treatment was REALLY responsible for his improvement? :whistle:

so.. i'd say...lasers are bullshit as far as STOPPING hair loss and regrowing a significant amount of hair

Max West

Reaction score
Chris87 said:
I've looked on a few different hair loss forums..and i have not seen before and after pictures from ANYONE using just lasers that shows any significant improvement

I agree.

But this device has 50-110 more lasers (and these lasers more powerful) and it prescibed to use it 20-30 minutes a day first 2 weeks, every other day next 2 weeks and then just 3 times a week.

I still believe =)

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Max West said:
Chris87 said:
I've looked on a few different hair loss forums..and i have not seen before and after pictures from ANYONE using just lasers that shows any significant improvement

I agree.

But this device has 50-110 more lasers (and these lasers more powerful) and it prescibed to use it 20-30 minutes a day first 2 weeks, every other day next 2 weeks and then just 3 times a week.

I still believe =)

I dont know, i think its a waste of money. I dont believe lasers can produce the same results that finasteride or minoxidil can, and I would much rather take 3 seconds to pop a pill once a day than have to find the time to sit and come over my head with lasers for 30 minutes a day. Believe me, its a pain in the *** haha I found it to be a pain in the *** to even do the 10 minutes that hair max talked about.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Max West said:
Chris87 said:

I agree.

I still believe =)

I you wanna waste your money despite our warnings, go ahead. It won't stop your hair loss or give you more hair, but whatever.

I have not seen any credible before/after photos of people using lasers. NONE. It's an expensive and useless treatment.

If you wanna keep/regrow hair, get on the big three. If not, don't waste your money.

And by the way those "more powerful" claims are bullsh*t, meant to fool people like you into thinking "oh, it must be effective then". As Dr. Feller says, zero times zero is still zero.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed many times already.

LLLT is complete garbage. I would use anything if it even had a slight chance of doing anything at all.

Lasers don't do ANYYYYYYYYYYYthing. Nothing. Go look at their studies. The placebo did better. lol...

It does NOTHING.