Lowering bodyfat: Good or bad Idea?

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to lower my bodyfat from my current 20% to 10%. The reason is because I started working out and will follow a better diet, low fat diet. So, nothing to do with hairloss treatment.

But I want to know if lowering bodyfat % to 10% is a good or bad idea and if it could affect/increase my hairloss? I know the limit is 5%. But only fitness and bodybuilders reach that level. I'm fine if I can reach 10%. :wink:

Thanks.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Yeah, I think my problem is with sugar, i can't get rid of it...

I already replaced Red Cow Meat for Fish and lost 10 kg since last year.. And I'm in a good weigh right now, I only want to lower bodyfat now, which not neccesary means I need to lose weigh :wink:

But I still need to get rid of sugar. It's hard. :eek:

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same goal!

Wanna go from 20 percent to at least 15 percent body fat without losing more than 5 lbs weight.

Can diet by itself help reduce body fat or do you have to lift weights to do this?

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah Im trying to get my body fat down to about 15, be warned though dude, getting it down to 10 per cent will be a hard task, and I mean a very hard task, but if youve got it set in your mind, f*****g go for it.
I started trying to get my body fat down when I was about 19 20, like a dumb f*** I stopped eating all the foods that would put it on, but I did/do like to drink.
I think for me the biggest factor in stopping me reducing stored body fat was the fact I drank like a fish.Cut that sh*t out and you'll be on your way.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score

Try splenda. Tastes very close to the real sugar....

logia

Reaction score
nervx said:

Wouldn't recommend sweeteners as sucralose/aspartame if you're dieting, sure it's low-carb, but can easily disturb other mechanisms such as blood sugar and so on..

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
I typically hover between 8-10, depending on how hard I'm training.

Still losing hair.

:?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its hard to keep your bodyfat levels as low a 10% all year round. This is why most bodybuilders keep to about 15-20 for most of the year only dropping to 4/5/6% when they need to be in contest shape, and then they just peak at the right time before going back up after the contest. Lowering your body fat or raising it for that matter will have not make you lose your hair.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I made a few adjustments in my diet that made a difference, and I thought they were relatively easy to incorporate into my lifestyle.

Basically:
1) I started eating breakfast. Usually cereal or oatmeal in the interests of time, but I'll have eggs if I feel like it. For breakfast, I eat whatever I want, bacon, sausage, you name it, just as long as I ate breakfast.

2) When forced to eat fast food, I skipped the fries. I'd have a burger, but no fries, and no chips either with the sub sandwiches. Believe it or not, just eating the hamburger is plenty enough food to make you full. Getting the fries was really just a habit, easily broken.

3) No more coke... I switched to water. In addition to getting rid of the calories in the coke, you save a ton of money because the coke usually runs a buck or two more each meal.

4) I tried to make an effort to eat more slowly.

bubka

Reaction score
logia said:
nervx said:
Wouldn't recommend sweeteners as sucralose/aspartame if you're dieting, sure it's low-carb, but can easily disturb other mechanisms such as blood sugar and so on..
yeah, and the Vatican has a time machine in the basement...

low fat doesn't work, low sugar does, (at least in my opinion)

reducing sugar helps keep your blood sugar more stable, so you dont crash and binge as much

obviously any diet that you use more calories than you eat is going to work, you just have to pick one that will work with your and a lifestyle change

add exercise too, i mean its really not that difficult

6% here :D

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score

bubka

Reaction score
oh yes, pretty lean, i run at least 25 miles a week too, i actually weigh about 15lbs less than in high school, though i was a freaking meat head then too

when i check out all the other guys i graduated high school, jesus some of them are in bad shape

at my job nobody can believe i am 27, always have to whip out the ID