Lucas92's story

Lucas92

Reaction score
As noted, I'm 20yrs old, live in Australia and am looking for advice on a combination of products I should start on. I've been suffering temporal balding for three years now and can't stand it any longer. I assume it's male pattern baldness (which my dad suffered from his 20s). I desire something that can regrow the hair I'm losing on my temple and maintain via inhibition all the rest. I don't have a photo but it looks a lot like this guy's situation: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/mongomery

Research (including this page - http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-t ... risons.php) suggests I should go for an all-fours approach - DHT Inhibitor, Androgen Blocker, Growth Stimulant and Anti-Flammatory. Nizarol Shampoo being cheap and easy to use, this I believe will take care of two and four. My problem is what to use for DHT Inhibition and growth stimulation. Given the above-average side-effects of Propecia, let alone unsuitability for someone my age, I'd like to leave that as one of my last resorts. Rogaine appears to the cheapest and easiest option for growth. This leaves me as to what to use to block DHT. I've a distractingly high libido so their tendency to screw around with that doesn't concern me so much. What concerns me is the prices and what is most appropriate for temporal balding. I'm not sure what my best option is - Crinagen, Folligen or Revivogen?

Again, I'm relatively young, have never used anti hair-loss products before and 95% of my concern is stopping my temporal thinning. If this is possible, I'd like to simultaneously grow it back and inhibit any further hair-loss elsewhere.

I'm probably asking for a lot from medical science's highly lacklustre progress in fighting hair-loss, but my blonde hair has been noted in the past as definitely my greatest feature and to lose it would mean losing my identity, confidence and looks in the extreme.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should get on minoxidil and nizoral to start but if your not using finesteride and you are genetically pre-disposed to lose your hair then unfortunately there is nothing you can do. I would say regarding finasteride, the side effects are not above average and there is still a lot of speculation surrounding the causality of sexual sides. Dont let fear stop you, but obviously if your not comfortable with the idea then dont do it as you will likely have a bad pschosomatic reaction. If you want to add an antiandrogen topically you can try spironolactone but it is weak. Maybe spironolactone and revivogen but it is a very expensive way to go about it for what will likely be very limited results in comparison to finasteride. Anyway, good luck deciding, unfortunately there arent that many options and finasteride is proven to be the best bet, its just not for everyone

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride defiantly helps thicken up the hair line, just 0.5cm makes a big difference, its really surprising.
topical sprio has been proven to attach to androgen receptors in the skin, so it will help, but i don't know how much.
and don't bother with getting a prescription for finasteride in AUS, its too much, use something like inhousepharmacy.biz, they r very reliable. But still see a Doctor if you want to.

goodluck with getting a hair loss treatment plan going

Lucas92

Reaction score
Given that my only problem at the minute is thinning at the temples (the rest of my hair is perfectly fine), is there any drugs/topical applications that I need not worry about? It sounds like I need to use finasteride to stop the receding, then grow what I've lost back by topically applying minoxidil to the peachy-hair areas and completely gone areas of my temple and combine my normal shampoo with nizoral. What amounts (concentration and frequency) of said items should I be using?