Lupin's story

Lupin

Reaction score
So, I was always told that "if your maternal grandfather has plenty of hair, so will you." Well, he still does, but I seem to have started losing mine.

I'm turning 30 in a couple of months, and I've just noticed in the past month or so that my hair is thinning in density (easier to see my scalp now) and my hairline seems to be receding a bit. My younger brother experienced this a year or so back, but I still didn't think it would happen to me...

Anyway, I have three questions/issues I wanted to ask about.

1. I hear a lot of talk about how useless Nioxin is. However, my brother has been using it for a while and says he definitely feels his hair is thicker and no longer falls out as it used to. I trust my brother, and so I started using Nioxin today. We'll see what it does or doesn't do... (I know it doesn't "regrow" hair, of course, although ads in Europe apparently claim it can...) Has anyone here had positive experience with Nioxin?

2. I've always had a relatively high hairline, with fairly thick hair. Now that I've noticed changes over the last four weeks or so, what should I do NOW to combat this situation? I wouldn't yet be described as "balding" or even having "thin hair" necessarily. But I'm sure that quick action is best. What will help most?

3. Something else just occured to me today: I am a thin, athletic guy, but I had not been exercising much for the last couple of years. About 4-6 weeks ago I started playing soccer again more frequently to get back in shape. Is there any chance the increase in exercise caused a change in my body chemistry that could contribute to hair loss? (Of course, this never happened when I was younger and playing--but now that I'm older, do I need dietary supplements to stay healthy?)

Thanks for reading!
Phil

RaginDemon

Reaction score
No, male pattern baldness is in your genes, things might trigger it, but they don't cause it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Nizoral won't really help much on its own.