Madvillain's story - (Age 21, balding since 15)

madvillain

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm a twenty-one year old guy, and I've had problems with my hair since I was fifteen. I've always had a high forehead, so I've always been self concious about being perceived as receeding. For a while I was able to convince myself that my worries were just caused by this, however I've been conscious of my hair getting slowly worse over the past five years with a slow but significant loss of my hairline. I would say I'm a Norwood 2.5-3 with some thinning of the hairline, but I'm still able to hide my recession pretty well, it's just getting harder all the time.

My father's side of the family has an overwhelming occurence of male pattern baldness, and while he himself didn't start losing until he was nearly forty, many other family members lost theirs prematurely. My mother's side of the family has hairloss mostly becoming a problem during middle age.

I found the forums this summer, and after reading hundreds of stories and reading about people going through the exact same thing as me, I decided to take some action. I've been using Nizoral for about a year, and was planning to start on the big 3, so I ordered some finasteride from unitedpharmacies and some rogaine foam off of ebay. I've been on the finasteride for two weeks now, and for the first week I experienced some delayed orgasm and a lowered sex drive, but things seem to have levelled out and I'm feeling good.

I decided to hold off on the minoxidil since I'm not ready to commit to a twice daily application, and I have a 3 month supply of foam that I'd be happy to sell off cheap to someone who will actually use it, just PM me if interested. (I hope this isn't against the rules, but I don't want to waste perfectly good product).

Since my loss has been pretty slow I'm hoping to maintain with finasteride. IF my hairline gets significantly worse then I'll consider getting on minoxidil but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I'll keep you guys updated on my results as they come.

cheers,

Madvillain

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: Madvillain's Story

the rogaine foam is really not what youd call a commitment,its so easy to use ,it dries in 2 minutes,i used to use the liquid,that was a commitment

good luck :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

but still, once you stop foam completely, you lose all you gained from it.

madvillain

Reaction score

Yeah I was mostly just put off by the thought of being held to two applications a day. I like the freedom to live frivolously, be out for days on end and not worry about packing a tube of foam. When I've settled down some I'm sure a topical wouldn't be a problem. The pills I can handle since they're so portable and very inconspicuous. Plus all I really desire at this point is maintenance! So far so good with the finasteride, no fatigue, shedding is about the same as before, hair still looks good.

Cheers!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score

nice name, Madvillain. Are you into Madvillainy?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you made the right decision, nizoral alone wont help the problem.