Magazines

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm curious what my fellow HLTers read in their downtime, whether it's on the toilet, in the dentist's office, or on the train.

I'm really interested in learning what magazines you like. Do you think the reporting is more thorough than your average newspaper piece? Are you drawn to the images?

Here are a couple of magazines I read:

The Economist
National Geographic
New Yorker
Vanity Fair
Dog Fancy

I'm not really big into newspaper coverage anymore. If I read one more piece that predicts the Egyptian crisis, then I might shoot myself. Instead, I like to delve into some long-form writing.

Sorry, I've taken some sleep meds. I'm probably trailing off here... but it's nice.

HughJass

Reaction score
Dog_Fancy_October_2010.jpg

Really?

I read online magazines mainly Crikey and Salon.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yup. I'm unabashedly big on Dog Fancy. I'm a huge dog guy, and a part of me has always wanted to work with animals. If you haven't flipped through it before, I'd suggest buying a copy. It's great. :D

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Men's Health is decent, but I feel like you're reading the same magazine every time you pick up a different one. It's always the same sh*t in there.

As for the original question, I (unfortunately) do most of my reading online and when I'm at the dentist or waiting wherever, I am usually playing Brickbreaker on my blackberry. :)