major flaking

funkoram

Reaction score
I have been on a propecia + minoxidil + nizoral combo for the past sixteen months. I switched to Kirkland minoxidil a few months ago and I have noticed that my flaking has increased tremendously. Have any of you noticed that certain brands of minoxidil flake more than others? Can any of you recommend a brand of minoxidil that flakes less than others?

G

i dont use minoxidil but id guess the cheaper the minoxidil the more chance of sh*t like flaking and irritation to happen

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
funkoram said:
I have been on a propecia + minoxidil + nizoral combo for the past sixteen months. I switched to Kirkland minoxidil a few months ago and I have noticed that my flaking has increased tremendously. Have any of you noticed that certain brands of minoxidil flake more than others? Can any of you recommend a brand of minoxidil that flakes less than others?

well I've only used Rogaine brand since day one so I can't answer your question. That is strange though. They contain the same ingredients and in the same quantities yet still people report differences.
Some say generic minoxidil is greasier too.hmmm :pensativo:

The Gardener

Reaction score
A lot of the initial irritation I had with minoxidil subsided with time. I suspect that to some extent, it takes a little time for your scalp to become accustomed to the new chemical being dumped on it every day.

Thus, in your case, I would hope that maybe your scalp is shedding as your generic might have a slightly different alcohol/ppg mixture, or whatever, and hopefully your scalp, over time, will again become accustomed to them and the shedding will cease.