Major shed on nizoral 2%

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been on nizoral 1% for a while and today I got my nizoral 2% by mail and I tried it. I applied it and left it for 30 min. I shed alot in the shower.

Whats your guys experiences with nizoral 2%?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is no need to apply it to your hair for 30 minutes. As far as a shed I goes I think Nizoral only helped me and didnt induce any sheds. Try using the product for about 5 minutes, maybe a little longer and see what happens.

Tony

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
30 minutes sh*t my whole showers arent 30 minutes, like Bras said...leave it in for 5 then wash out...no sense leaving it in for a whole episode of the Simpsons.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah 30 minutes is long enough for your hair to get quite dry. Nizoral is pretty powerful, you don't want it drying on your head.

Any sheds wouldn't be permanent though. Scale back on leave in time and alternate with your 1%. Also don't discount the possibility that it's a coincidence. I'm sure you thought of that, but it's always possible with finasteride or minoxidil (not sure what you're using)

MH

KK

Reaction score
I would think even normal shampoo leaving on the scalp for 30 mins wouldn't be good to the scalp.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think 5 minutes is long enough for your hair. I have never heard of Nizoral 2% will shed your hair. You only use it once so it could not be Nizoral. You maybe going through a shedding now and think it's Nizoral 2% because you just started it.

kilton

Reaction score
guy83 said:
Hey guys,

Ive been on nizoral 1% for a while and today I got my nizoral 2% by mail and I tried it. I applied it and left it for 30 min. I shed alot in the shower.

What would posess you to leave such a strong shampoo in for 30 minutes when the directions specifically say 3-5 minutes?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
God! I thought it was OK to leave it that long. eeek! I wont do it again.

See I applied it got out of the shower then showered again. It completely dried. Ive done this with the Folligen shampoo in the past. Because I usually do leave the folligen cream all nite long. I thought leaving the shampoo that long would be for the best.

I guess I might be causing myself to lose more hair by doing something that drastic.

misterium

Reaction score
Folligen is fine to leave on all night. Absorbsion takes time on some things.

Anyway, it's not really medicated, it's copper peptides which are good.

nizoral, has medicine to destroy dandruff, which when left on too long can cause more harm than good (drying effect)... basically it's allowing yourself to 'over-absorb' the ketaconazole in Nizoral, when only a few minutes absorbtion time is required for effect.

Folligen, needs an overnight stay on your head, before a good wash the next day. It's nice for you !

-Iwant