Making my own Dr Lees Regrowth shampoo

Cassin

Reaction score
Pretty simple really.......All Dr Lees is, is the generic ingrediants of Nizoral 2% and T/SAL.

So all you need is a quarter sized drop of Nizoral and T/SAL in your hand 3 times a week and lather. If you want to try Dr Lees regrowth shampoo at a fraction of the cost.........there you go.

4oz Dr LeesRegrowthFormula $13.90

Homestuff........

4.5oz T/SAL $5.50

7oz Nizoral $ 15.00

11.5oz CassinsRegrothFormula $20

G

Yup! I have been doing this for a few weeks now, T/Sal first, then the Nizoral.

Incidently T/Sal in the UK is now known as T/Gel (with salicylic acid). So we have two T/Gel's here the original coal tar version and the salicylic acid version.

Ty

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Incidently T/Sal in the UK is now known as T/Gel (with salicylic acid). So we have two T/Gel's here the original coal tar version and the salicylic acid version.

Ty

You crazy UK folk are weird............. :)

misterium

Reaction score
I want to move to the UK.

I want taquitos.

dudler

Reaction score
Generic T/SAL

Cassin,

Thanks for a much cheaper remedy. Have you ever tried a generic T/SAL such as Walgreens brand? I happened to notice that they're selling two bottles of the stuff for $6.99 (both online and at my local store). And these bottles are 16 oz., not the wimpy 4 oz. of the Neutrogena kind.

Might be worth a try...

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: Generic T/SAL

dudler said:
Cassin,

Thanks for a much cheaper remedy. Have you ever tried a generic T/SAL such as Walgreens brand? I happened to notice that they're selling two bottles of the stuff for $6.99 (both online and at my local store). And these bottles are 16 oz., not the wimpy 4 oz. of the Neutrogena kind.

Might be worth a try...

Yeah I noticed that generic brand for the first time this weekend. When my current bottle runs out I will give that a go for sure. Not sure how I never noticed it before. It would be nice if they had some generic Nizoral readily available soon to save even more cash.

I love those 2 for 1 deals that Walgreens throws out every week. You can save tons of cash.

G

Re: Generic T/SAL

cassin said:
It would be nice if they had some generic Nizoral readily available soon to save even more cash.

Boots (large chemist chain in the UK) does a generic ketoconazole (Nizoral) which is around half the price of branded Nizoral.

yyyeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh! :)

Ty

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
all you need is a quarter sized drop of Nizoral and T/SAL in your hand
But by mixing them, you're diluting both active ingredients. You're not getting the same concentration as in Dr. Lee's formula.

avry

Cassin

Reaction score
IMO, I don't see how it would matter that much as long as I got some on the scalp and let it sit for a proper time. IMO it is critical for us folks who use allot of topicals to be using something that aids in penetrating the scalp. And rotating a T/SAL one day and nizoral the next seems like a bad idea as IMO I believe the scalp needs a break from that harsh combo.

I only use a quarter size drop of shampoo anyway as I keep my hair short.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny readin this now as I did this in the shower today exepct with head+sholder(zinc) + t/sal + nizoral

misterium

Reaction score
Is this really a good idea... to mix nizoral with T-Sal in the hand and then apply ?

I have a bottle of both.. and now I'm confused if I should do this or not.

Cassin

Reaction score
Who knows? It could very well be a very bad idea, but I doubt it.

What you could do (and probably get the same results IMO) is use

Nizoral Monday & Friday
T/SAL Wednesday & Sunday

bombscience

Reaction score
I actually like to keep my Nizoral and TSAL shampoo seperate. I use TSAL first to strip dead skin off. I think it may provide clean skin so that that when I apply Nizoral second it gives me optimal absorption. :lol:

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im with bombscience on this one....i wouldnt mix...to much of a good thing is always bad....well except sex.

Deaner

Reaction score
If you wanna save money on shampoo, just cut your hair short. I have to use so much Nizoral now just to lather, I get maybe 12-15 shampoos out of a bottle tops.

misterium

Reaction score
Deaner:

Is that you in your icon/avatar picture ?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i do believe if Deaner had a gun he would shoot half the people on this site.

misterium

Reaction score
Deaner:

No really man, I have no idea I've been wondering if that's your photo for a long time now.

Peace.