Making my own flutagel/spironolactone cream

DHR

Reaction score
Okay all, basically I've just started spironolactone, now if it works out well then that'll be fine and dandy, however if I find after so long that I want to try something else, I'd like to give flutamide to a shot.

However, the problem is in getting hold of it, as lipoxidil and sincere seem to have stopped production and genhair seem to have mixed reviews and are quite expensive.

So if it comes to that, I'd consider mixing my own.

Obviously the first part of the recipe if getting some Flutamide or (Eulexin)
and a simple question is, can anyone recommend a good UK source for this?
and how much would I need for say, a years supply?

now the second part is, do I make a liquid solution or a cream solution?
as a liquid solution is more likely for systemic absorpsion I'm considering making a cream/gel solution, thus the title.

After looking about, 'dermovan' seems to be a recommened ingredient for this, but after looking on google I can't seem to find a good source for it, so again, could someone recommend me a good UK source of this? (or an alternative)

However is there anything else I'd need? or would flutamide and dermovan be enough?

and then there's the matter of the mixture quantaties, I'd probably want to make a 1-2% product, could anyone recommened the respective amounts of each product I'd need (say if I make a 1-2 months worth)?

sorry for the essay, but the topic of making homemade flutamide only seems to be talked about in one or two posts, and normally it's regarding making the liquid kind. So simple put if anyone could help, I'd be very grateful.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Making my own flutagel

I heard that the manufacture and sale of Dermovan has been discontinued, which is probably why you've been unable to find a source for it. You'll have to find some other cream vehicle to use instead.

BTW, topical flutamide is a very hazardous thing to use. I strongly recommend that you not do it.

DHR

Reaction score

is it really that bad?

there don't seem to be that any horror stories about, but maybe I'm just not finding them

that said, if spironolactone works out for me, I'd probably like to do the same (make it myself) as I'd imagine it would save me ALOT of money, so regardless, I have to look about for a decent cream vechile :)

DHR

Reaction score

Cetaphil maybe?

I'm thinking spironolactone+Cetaphil+(tiny bit off)Retino-A.