Making Topicals with oil carriers

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to make a topical with GTE and GSE or one or the other in an emu oil or jojoba oil base.

Does anyone know if this stuff will dissolve in these oils?

Does anyone know if this stuff will dissolve in distilled water?

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had good results with a similar treatment. It stopped my shed about a year ago and have not had one since. I quit the minoxidil, but since restarting it, results are even better.

First of all, be sure you are on the "Big 3" and add this formula. Do not use cheapy oils. Go to a health food store and get the good ones.

Oshadhi oils are good. Young living Oils are the best, but very expensive. You'll need to go to ebay for those.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
The first time I got into the whole essential oils thing, I purchased a bottle of jojoba oil that already contained the essential oils used in that Scottish study. I then went on to start making my own stuff at home.

But in addition to having that pre-formulated Scottish Study mix - the place below now also has a spray of essential oils that's supposed to be less greasy. I got my bottle of the spray yesterday - but I want to finish up my current bottle of emu w/ essential oils before I break into it.

Botton line - if you want to get into the whole essential oils topical and don't want to put out the initial expense of buying all the individual ingredients on your own, Hair Growth Essentials already has it all made up. I find myself alternating between their stuff and my home brew.

http://www.hairgrowthessentials.com/home.html

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair tomorrow, do you think that it has really done anything for your hair?

Or is it something that you just added thinking that it may do something?

That study was relating to alopecia areata right? Do you think that it would have benefit with male pattern baldness or is it just a shot in the dark?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
blueshard said:
Hair tomorrow, do you think that it has really done anything for your hair?

Or is it something that you just added thinking that it may do something?

That study was relating to alopecia areata right? Do you think that it would have benefit with male pattern baldness or is it just a shot in the dark?

Well for me - it's ALL shots in the dark :) But I'm willing to try anything that's not outrageously expensive, leans more toward the natural end, and has some proven outcomes. (not that I'm strictly a naturalist)

The reason I got into the essential oils in the first place is not because of the Scottish Study - but from guys on forums like this that it's helped. Emu Oil has also helped others, I was already using it anyway, and decided to use emu as my carrier oil instead of the jojoba.

I can say that my scalp is pretty healthy. Between the minoxidil, the ozbrew, the retin-a, etc. I needed something anyway to help balance things out. Plus it's good for your hair - like a conditioner.

I think it falls into the category of "It ain't gonna hurt ya - it might help ya, and at the very least it's good scalp therapy". So, wtf.

Now that my emu oil is about used up, I'm anxious to switch to jojoba oil as my carrier and see how that compares. Jojoba has been used to fight hairloss since Day 1 - but like most things has mixed mixed results. I'm also anxious to try the spray that I got - which has essential oils in a distiulled water carrier base. Non-oily - so hopefully I can use it earlier in the day when I'm out and about.

Jacob

Reaction score
There's also Marula oil. As one place puts it:
New from our South African supplier is the most amazing carrier oil we have experienced. It is a "dry" oil, almost instantly absorbed by the skin. We think it will be excellent for summer's heat, or for oily skin. High in conditioning Oleic acid and anti-oxidants, Marula oil is said to leave the skin feeling soft, hydrated, nourished and revitalized.

Cranberry seed oil may be another one.