Male , 23, pondering when to start treatment. Depressed.

friedrich

Reaction score
I am 23, and a bit worried about whether I am starting to go through male pattern baldness. I am just wondering when I would need to start treatment for it and what would be the most suitable treatment when I start. I am really not at an age where I feel ready to lose my hair. My Dad's side have all tended to start balding in their mid-late 20s and my Mum's side have totally good hair all their lives. However, I have been seeing 4-5 hairs come out when I have been washing my hair and this is what is unsettling me. I went to see my doctor but he said I had good hair and that I am not balding, I don't know whether to believe him or not because they generally don't have a clue about male pattern baldness.

hair.jpghairl.jpghairll.jpghairline.jpghairlosstalk.jpg

friedrich

Reaction score
Zeroheat is that you?

No I am not him. Just did a search and he has great results, but no, I am not him.

I know it sounds like I am overreacting to my loss of hair in the shower, but I am just trying to save as much of my hair as possible if it starts.

friedrich

Reaction score
Depressed because of NW0 hairline? You must be trolling.

How do you work out where a person is on the Norwood scale? I mean, I was losing hair in the shower (ok, only 4-5 hairs) so I was just wondering if it is a sign of male pattern baldness. Come on man, I am not trolling or anything like that. Just accept that I am not clued up in these matters re male pattern baldness.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You are not balding.

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol @ 4-5 hairs. It's natural to shed up to 100 hairs per day. It's a part of the hair growth cycle. You don't appear to be balding at all to me.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
dafuq is this? you should even shave a bit of hairline to draw a masculine norwood 1^^

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go see a therapist about the depression, because hair loss is clearly not the underlying cause.

I'd like to see a moderator lay down the ban hammer.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Too much of this BS has been invading the forums nowadays.