Male patter baldness? Plese help!

shaunlim88

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me based on the pictures, the hair whorl is grown naturally like this or am I having male pattern baldness? Cause I'm just 21 y/o.

The pictures were taken by myself in these few days. So they look different in certain angle. I just want to clarify whether I'm having male patter baldness or not. If so, is there any ways to cure?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_3607(1).jpg
    IMG_3607(1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3610(1).jpg
    IMG_3610(1).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3624(1).jpg
    IMG_3624(1).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 170

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's the early stages of male pattern baldness at the crown. Go see a dermatologist, maybe get on finasteride to prevent any further loss, and maybe see if it results in increased crown density. It may not be male pattern baldness, but better safe than sorry. Your crown looks like my brothers did right before he started losing his hair.

shaunlim88

Reaction score
Looks to me like it's the early stages of male pattern baldness at the crown. Go see a dermatologist, maybe get on finasteride to prevent any further loss, and maybe see if it results in increased crown density. It may not be male pattern baldness, but better safe than sorry. Your crown looks like my brothers did right before he started losing his hair.

Thank you for your reply. May I know how long does it take for your brother to realize that his crown is undergoing stages of male pattern baldness? And will it get bald very fast? Lets say a year? Thanks

shaunlim88

Reaction score
Hi FredTheBelgian, thanks for your reply. So you mean that the whorl is naturally grown like this?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it is nothing, but yeah, definitely keep an eye on it. If you go see a dermatologist then they can tell you if there has been any miniaturisation. If ther has been, then get on finasteride. If there hasn't then you're fine, just keep an eye on it and don't worry too much.