male pattern baldness, body odour,body hair, excessive sweating related?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stated having these 4 - male pattern baldness, body odour, excessive sweating and body hair at the same time when the male pattern baldness commenced on me....can someone explain if these are related

previously during my teens i didnt have any of these except for excessive sweating which started around 17 yrs old...i would even sweat in air con rooms.....

curetheloss

Reaction score
i think they are somewhat related...you are becoming a man. you will get hairy, smelly, sweaty, and possibly bald. the only thing you can possibly fix is the bald part...all the rest is part of being a guy
curetheloss

polster

Reaction score
Well I dont know about body odor, but oil glands play a role in hairloss! I.E dandruff and dermatitis are result of overproduction of oil in the scalp and the bodies inahability to fight infection causing rash (dermatitis).

If you do research you will see 100% of people who have alopecia areata (most agressive form of hairloss) have dermatitis!

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
polster said:
Well I dont know about body odor, but oil glands play a role in hairloss! I.E dandruff and dermatitis are result of overproduction of oil in the scalp and the bodies inahability to fight infection causing rash (dermatitis).

If you do research you will see 100% of people who have alopecia areata (most agressive form of hairloss) have dermatitis!

yes i had excessive dandruff during my pre male pattern baldness days ..that was during my teens..but i didnt suffer from male pattern baldness then...after 21 male pattern baldness commenced at the temples..for sure i know its male pattern baldness driven hair loss...BTW does oil glands have anything to do with DHT or 5AR1,2?

if yes will controlling the oil glands improve my situation? I just read that oil or so called sweat glands carry DHT to the scalp...is this true?....if yes, is it 5ar1 or 2 which converts DHT in these glands?