male pattern baldness + itching question

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am currently not using anything for my male pattern baldness, i wash my hair with Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo and whatever brand conditioner every second day. I also suffer from atopic eczema which basically means that i am an inflamed itching mess. This i keep under control with steroid creams.

My question is, Does male pattern baldness have any association with an itching scalp? because my hairline is always itching and so is the top back of my head.

misterium

Reaction score
I am 26 years old, I caught my male pattern baldness early, and started on Propecia right away. Currently in my 3rd month of taking it.

I am a crown/vertex thinner, with no visible bald spots.

I had no itching during the days when I noticed my thinning... before starting Propecia.

After taking Propecia for a few weeks, I noticed the itching started pretty nasty.

I have it under control now with Folligen, Emu oil shampoo & conditioner, T/Sal & Nizoral shampoos.

The combination above is a nice way to go.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Gonna win wrote,
My question is, Does male pattern baldness have any association with an itching scalp? because my hairline is always itching and so is the top back of my head.

Yes. One of the signs of forepending hairloss is the immune system attacking the hair follicles as a foreign object in the body. I use to notice itching and a weird pins and needles effect along my hairline and crown. Inflammation leads to itching which again leads to inflammation, propecia never made my head itch though, but i suggest using Nizoral 2/3 times a week. Did the trick for me.

Be real. :!: