MAN U

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha. you must be happy Barca fan

I don't think I've seen a better team than Barca or a better player than Messi.

Absolutely hate that cheat Busquets though!

cuebald

Reaction score
alright S.A.F.

_53050397_united464.jpg

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Barca are fantastic. I have no idea how some people can call them boring.
I think they need a defender though for next season.

On a hair topic, anyone know why Valdes shaves his head all the time? He's been doing it for about 3-4 years now but seems to have NW1. Unless he's diffuse?
And Pep looks great when he shaves his hair - much better than when he has bits growing in all over place.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
United have one way of playing; play fast, spread the ball to the wings, and cross the ball. Someone like Nistelroy, Ronaldo, etc will head the ball or at least pounce on the rebound ball and score. (I dont understand why United dont have another striker like Nistelroy.)

Evidence: Take a look at the goals scored by MU in the CL finals.
-Both goals scored in 99 came from corner kicks, ie crosses.
-Man U goal in 2008 came from a cross
-Man U goal in 2011 came from a quick play.

TBH, the way MU plays is very entertaining and good to watch, one of the few teams I'd pay to watch. However, when they play a team like Braca who control the game, MU are clueless...

I remember one particular game, in 2007, against Milan. Milan literally kicked MU out of the pitch and beat L.pool in the final.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Bendtner could have ruined Barca's season.

Yeah he could, but his touch was so rubbish he let Mascherano tackle him. I don't even think Arsenal managed a shot in that game did they?

(I dont understand why United dont have another striker like Nistelroy.)

They have Berbatov who is not too dissimilar to Van Nistelrooy. I think the best thing Utd did was selling Van Nistelrooy. Look how their attackers grew when he left; it completely allowed Ronaldo & Rooney to play with their freedom and become such top players. (Incidentally, have you seen Rooney's hair transplant?)
This season however Utd haven't been that great, its just the other teams in the EPL have been so inconsistent.

As for the final, there was no way Barca weren't going to win that game. Their team is just too good, you can't get the ball off them, the rare times they do lose it they work so hard to win it back. Messi gets all the headlines but Xavi & Iniesta are superb players. I'd love to have seen my team (Tottenham) play against them. They would have beaten us for sure but it would be amazing for me to watch.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
They have Berbatov who is not too dissimilar to Van Nistelrooy.

Not even close, RVN was a work horse, DB is a show pony. I dont mean it in a disrespectful way. RVN's work rate combined with his skills made him a perfect striker. Only Shearer and Drogba was/is similar to RVN.

DB on the other hand, tries to play more European style. He holds the ball, dribles, etc. United have plenty of fast players, so SAF must have thought DB would have been a very good addition to the team, but I dont think that tactic worked for MU.

dimitar_berbagod said:
I think the best thing Utd did was selling Van Nistelrooy. Look how their attackers grew when he left; it completely allowed Ronaldo & Rooney to play with their freedom and become such top players.

I partially agree. Just like Henry or Eto had to go, RVN had to go as well. His mission at MU was completed. When one single player becomes too influential, then the team is no longer a team. Eg, Beckham.

However, I still think MU needed a similar replacement. This year they had Berbatov, Owen, the Italian kid, and Hernandes. None of them is a world class striker... Owen was almost there.

dimitar_berbagod said:
This season however Utd haven't been that great, its just the other teams in the EPL have been so inconsistent.

Its about time your local rivals win it. Thay had such a good mid-season run, but they screwed it up again.

Hiddink and Chelsea might do it.

dimitar_berbagod said:
As for the final, there was no way Barca weren't going to win that game. Their team is just too good, you can't get the ball off them, the rare times they do lose it they work so hard to win it back. Messi gets all the headlines but Xavi & Iniesta are superb players. I'd love to have seen my team (Tottenham) play against them. They would have beaten us for sure but it would be amazing for me to watch.

100% agree on Xavi and Iniesta.

Spurs vs Barca should be a good game.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
DB on the other hand, tries to play more European style. He holds the ball, dribles, etc. United have plenty of fast players, so SAF must have thought DB would have been a very good addition to the team, but I dont think that tactic worked for MU.

That's true. He is very much a European style player, though he was class at Spurs before joining Utd though. I don't think I'd want him back though, don't think he'd be the player he was.

However, I still think MU needed a similar replacement. This year they had Berbatov, Owen, the Italian kid, and Hernandes. None of them is a world class striker... Owen was almost there.

I think they need a central midfielder now that Scholes has retired, which is why I fear they'll try and lure Luka Modric from Spurs, who I think is a class act. We must hang on to him if we are to compete for the top places.

I'm more worried about Man City next season than Arsenal. Arsenal usually implode around March and they may lose Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas in the summer. City will spend another 100 million on players, particularly if Tevez leaves.

Incidentally, do you support a team Virtuality?

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
Incidentally, do you support a team Virtuality?

The answer is both YES and NO, but mostly no.

I dont like watching league games, there are too many teams and the games can be boring. So, I dont really follow a particular team anymore. Supporting a team is time consuming. When I used to follow football I used read the news and forums, watch all the games, etc, it takes too much time. Ive grown out of it.

Now, I just watch CL games and the international tournaments. I dont think I missed a single WC game in the last 4 tournaments, or a CL final for almost 20 years. For the 2010 CL final, I was supposed to be at work. I told my boss that I dont want to miss the final and he let me switch shifts with someone else.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's only ooooooooooooooooone Ricky Hatton!