Manclad's Story - (Receding hairline)

manclad2007

Reaction score
hi, first post, i have noticed a receed on my hairline for around 2 and bit years now. Its at the front of my head like a v shape. From the back where my parting isi have noticed a slight bald patch but not too big. My hair is long and I have quite a bit on the top which covers the front, however its quite hard to style due to the length etc so in the wind or when its wet the receed is obvious. I am interested in the 'Big 3' which I have read a bit about but cant find exactly what the 3 are? if anyone can help me with this would be gratefull, also any other advice with my type of receeding? thanks

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: receeding hair line from the front, and the big 3!

the big three are

minoxidil 5% (best option is rogaine foam 5%)twice daily applications

finasteride 1mg a day (propecia is the 1mg form,proscar is the 5mg form that you have to split but is much cheaper and there are generic versions which are even cheaper)

nizoral 2% shampoo-to use 3 times a week

to order online try http://www.inhousepharmacy.com or http://www.unitedpharmacies.com (for the finasteride)

if you dont wanna order online get a script from ya Doctor

have a search aroudn the site for these things and then ask more questions if ya need

:)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: receeding hair line from the front, and the big 3!

FYI treatments tend to help on the crown better than the hairline.

manclad2007

Reaction score
is there any treatments that work better for the hair line then? my goal is to reduce the v shape I have so it feels out a bit

RaginDemon

Reaction score
the best fix seems to be hair transplant when it comes to receeding hairline.

manclad2007

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply, sorry a bit new to all the terminology being used, can i asked somone what hair transplant is, in regards to the person who posted last?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair transplant

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you man. Receding and all but I suggest to make sure your loss is stabilized first before you consult a doctor who might be willing to lower your receding hairline while years down the road your crown is lost and you don't have enough donor hair to cover the whole area.

BTW don't dismiss the idea of having a transplant. For someone in the beginning stages I never considered it until about a year ago, and then the research began. And when I say research I really really mean it. B/c at the very least then if something goes wrong and you've properly researched it you won't be blaming yourself for it as much.

But like I said, even if the idea of a hair transplant sounds horrible to you do your research before you dismiss it as a viable option.
Good luck and listen to what the folks on this forum have to say, they're really in it to help folks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
^very good advise indeed, you will have to make sure your hairloss somewhat stablize before getting a hair transplant.