marcelosm's story

marcelosm

Reaction score
Hi! I am Marcelo and I am a 19 year old college student in south Texas. I made this account in order to get some information dealing with my hair loss. It first began about 6-8 months ago with a noticeable amount of hair lost during my showers. I would get several hairs in my hands when I shampooed and a few more in the drain. It started worrying me when it would not go away and I was finding hair on my pillows in the morning. At this point my hair became more easily lost, usually when I ran my hands through my hair. This situation made me very scared, as my dad has almost no hair left on his head. I thought I was going bald. I immediately went to the student health services and spoke to the doctor. She prescribed ketoconazol to me, which I bought at Walmart. Eventually, the amount of hair loss went down, to the point where I was no longer worried about it. A few months passed with no noticeable hair loss. It wasn’t until the start of summer that I started to get worried. It started with a really itchy scalp one day, and then followed by quite a bit of dandruff out of nowhere. I don’t usually have dandruff, so it worried me. I have a bottle of Head and Shoulders around, so I made sure to use it every other day to help remove the dandruff. It was at this point when the hair loss started to come back, and it has continued for about 2 weeks. I am losing quite a bit of hair in the shower and if I run my hands through my hair a few times a lot of hair comes off. I can’t seem to locate any particularly troubling areas of hair loss, but I know I am losing a lot of hair.
So that is my hair loss story. If you’d like any more info, please feel free to ask. Thank you!