MarkinVA's Story - ( 25 / Frontal thinning, where to begin?)

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Frontal thinning at 25 y/o - Not sure where to begin

YES... finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral. The BIG 3. I also use Miconazole as well. I had very similar loss to you, except I had issues with my crown as well and more diffusion. You have diffuse thinning and you could likely regain a ton of density and thicker hair shaft diameter. Here is my progress since July. I have been on Big 3 for 8 months now, but my hair bottomed out in July.

Attachments

• 8mos10.jpg
    8mos10.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 8mos9.jpg
    8mos9.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 8mos8.jpg
    8mos8.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 8mos5.jpg
    8mos5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 401

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Frontal thinning at 25 y/o - Not sure where to begin

wow RSR38 it looks u have had some great sucess!!!

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks! In fact I just posted my story in my own thread. I was just hoping to inspire this guy because he has similar type of loss, but I don't want to "hijack" his thread.

alex1983

Reaction score
Hey Mark, RS is right. Go with the big 3 (minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral) be consistent and I'm sure you'll see results. You'll maintain at th least.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am definitely not back to 100% when it comes to my hair. It's pretty good now compared to the worst point, but it was still much thicker when I was 36. I am at 8 months into treatments, so realistically, I should have about 4-8 more months of improvement based on the hair count studies regarding Finasteride.

Nizoral is an anti-fungal shampoo and the ingrediant is called KETOCONAZOLE and it is a member of the AZOLE family of drugs which have been studied and found to have some anti-androgen effects topically. The shampoo is found at 1% concentration in most retail type stores like WallMart, etc. The 2% version is prescription, but most people order it online anyway. I personally quit the shampoo and started using a CREAM version a few weeks ago. It is simply NIZORAL CREAM and if you search, you will find it too online. MICONAZOLE is another AZOLE drug that seems to work well and adds synergism to the BIG 3 meds. Miconazole has tons of threads about it right now and MOST people are getting some results including faster growing hair and new growth as well as thickening of finer hairs. I KNOW it has really sped up my progress and it is OTC and EASY to get. It's actually usually sold as "Vagina Cream" for fungus infections!!! LOL!

Here is a pic of me at 36, almost 37 and this is the desity I am trying to achieve. I'm about 75% there.

As far as "maintaining" on the Big 3... Well, it's FOREVER. If you quit, your hair goes away again. It's worth it, though and not that difficult to maintain.

Attachments

• RSRhair36.jpg
    RSRhair36.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 199

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Don't run out of minoxidil, stay consistent, and get on finasteride ASAP. There are some generic pharmacies online where a lot of us order, like InHouse Pharmacy, finasteride is really cheap there (and it is legitimate).

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to ask your derm to prescribe you finasteride 5mg and you can get it at walmart or target for $9/30pills?

cuebald

Reaction score
good results considering it's very early days yet

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep it up. At least you KNOW it is working. What's the goal here? Keep from loosing more, and maintain a good density. For some nothing works. You seem to respond fast to minoxidil drops, and as a result loose it fast too. I buy the $20 for 3 months supply. I don't know how much it cost 10 years ago but it's worth it. Plus the generic finasteride is only $10 for 30 pills. Again, don't know how much all that was years ago but it's a very small price IMO.

In a month or two you'll be back to a good density, and at least you can relax a little knowing that.