Masontrc's Story - (22 / Hope and regrowth)

masontrc

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is is Tristan and I am a 22-year-old college student. I started noticing my hair loss two years ago and was devastated. At first, I denied it because I believed hair loss could only occur in middle age; my dad and my uncles did not experience hair loss until their early to late 30s so I thought it was all in my imagination. But the more I ignored my hair loss, the more noticeable it became. By the time I acknowledged it, my hairline had already rapidly receded in the front.

I did everything I could to hide my hair loss. I cut my hair very thin, wore hats, and took pictures without the flash. I was fooling no one. Once my friends and family started to talk about my hair loss, I decided to take action. Since August of 2010, I have been using rogaine liquid and have had tremendous success. I have been fortunate enough to regrow most of the hair on the top of my head. Even more amazingly, rogaine liquid has helped me regrow temple hair!

Below are pictures that show my regrowth progress. The "after" pictures were taken on 4/8/11 and today.

Attachments

• before-after 2.jpg
    before-after 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 345
  • before-after 1.jpg
    before-after 1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 357
  • before after 3.jpg
    before after 3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Snapshot_20110410_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20110410_2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 277

masontrc

Reaction score
Re: Hope and regrowth at 22

finfighter said:
:mrgreen: Damn Dude that's awesome, great results!!!!!!!!!! You should add an antiandrogen soon, because minoxidil alone won't maintain your hair forever, read through the link in mt signature for some ideas.

Thank you for the tips! I'm still very new to hair regrowth so I'm very open to suggestions.

masontrc

Reaction score

I'll definitely look into those. What do you recommend as far as eating habits go?

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score

At what month did you feel you started to get your best results?

Because im at the 4 1/2 month mark and my results are pretty good, not like you, but decent enough....I just want to know your timeline with rogaine if you can be so kind :)

masontrc

Reaction score

The crown is pretty good actually. Where the small light spots are are where my cowlick is. I've even applied rogaine there and noticed improvement on that

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110411_13.jpg
    Snapshot_20110411_13.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 214

masontrc

Reaction score

Hate2LoseIt said:
At what month did you feel you started to get your best results?

Because im at the 4 1/2 month mark and my results are pretty good, not like you, but decent enough....I just want to know your timeline with rogaine if you can be so kind :)

Sure :) I really noticed around the 4-5 month mark actually. Here are some pics I took around each month. They weren't taken to chart progress unfortunately so the lighting won't be all that great.

Attachments

• march 2011 2.jpg
    march 2011 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 242
  • February 2011.jpg
    February 2011.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 244
  • January 2011.jpg
    January 2011.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Late November 2010.jpg
    Late November 2010.jpg