Massive Shed 9 Months Into Treatment In Area With No Previous Hair Loss

P1903

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first thread as a new member and I'm looking for some advice/encouragement.

I'm 22 years old 10 months ago I started using rogain twice a day as instructed for a receding hairline, I wasn't losing hair anywhere else but the recession was slightly noticeable. Nothing much changed in the following 9 months apart from maybe some slight restoration of the hairline. 1 month ago, however, I suddenly started shedding heavily from my hair from the front of my hairline to the back of my head all along the top - in the shower huge clumps of hair come out and I can't even run my fingers through my hair without 20+ ending up on my hands. I know shedding is normal, however this particularly concerns me as it is in an area i haven't been applying minoxidil to, it's started 9 months into treatment, and I hadn't previously had any thinning in that area. I'm now starting to really panic than Iv made my hair so much worse, it now looks really visibly thin on top - I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it and it's really getting me down.

Any advice or comments would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you