Massive shed on Kirkland after only 10 days

hairbrigade

Reaction score
Is it normal to get a tender scalp and a lot (quadrupling) of hairloss after only 10 days (once a day) Kirkland 5% liquid?

I can now see through my scalp

I'm already on Propecia 1mg/day (over 7 years) which has worked wonders but recently seems to have lost its efficacy, so I've added Nizoral 2% 3 months ago and a Lazer Comb 6 weeks ago and was getting some promising early results until I started the Kirkland! I thought I'd go 'all in' with the Big3 plus Lazer Comb as my vertex scalp hairloss has been significant over the last 6 months and thought it needed everything proven on market.

However, the tender scalp (usually before a loss of hair) combined with the extra floating hairs in sink is concerning my continuation of the Kirkland and was worried I could be unsuited but would appreciate if anyone else has used this product and had fast shedding/sore scalp also!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tender Scalp unsure, but its common to shed with minoxidil nothing to worry about.

hairbrigade

Reaction score
Tender Scalp unsure, but its common to shed with minoxidil nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I guess the increased shed after around 10 days is consistent with what other new minoxidil users report (even though I'm only on once a day, I assume it's still enough for shedding to occur).

As for the tender scalp, the only thing that seems to soothe it currently is the Nizoral which makes me certain it is androgen related (the Propecia used to stop this up until recently). Tender Scalp = Hair Loss in my experience. Bizarrely, my scalp is even sore when I run the Lazer Comb over it (only sore in the vertex area of greatest loss). So I'm not sure if that is causing the loss, or is a result of it. Maybe time for a trip to the dermatologist!

I assume the increased shedding should stabilise after a few weeks? (based on user reported averages). Maybe I keep with it for a a few months and then make a decision on the minoxidil.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to get a tender scalp and a lot (quadrupling) of hairloss after only 10 days (once a day) Kirkland 5% liquid?

I can now see through my scalp

I'm already on Propecia 1mg/day (over 7 years) which has worked wonders but recently seems to have lost its efficacy, so I've added Nizoral 2% 3 months ago and a Lazer Comb 6 weeks ago and was getting some promising early results until I started the Kirkland! I thought I'd go 'all in' with the Big3 plus Lazer Comb as my vertex scalp hairloss has been significant over the last 6 months and thought it needed everything proven on market.

However, the tender scalp (usually before a loss of hair) combined with the extra floating hairs in sink is concerning my continuation of the Kirkland and was worried I could be unsuited but would appreciate if anyone else has used this product and had fast shedding/sore scalp also!

Could be the laser comb. Give it up for a few months and see how it goes.