Massive Shedding Starting 3 Weeks into Rogaine

Reaction score
I started using Rogaine (5% Minoxidil) around 1 month ago (started exactly on the 12th of Sept). Most days I just apply it at night, but I have had a few morning applications when I remember.

Starting about a week ago, I have been getting massive sheds. I'm losing at least 100 hairs in the shower alone, and I can still brush my hair with my hands and have 5-10 more hairs fall out. I am well aware of the shedding process and that my hairs have to get into a new, synced cycle, but I've also read about people who've had minoxidil ruin their hairline. There is a noticeable bald spot forming on my head now, and I'm afraid it's just going to get worse. I'm just getting really upset over this, and I am going to stay on the course, but has anyone gone through a period where they were way below baseline one month after starting, but eventually regrew (at least to their original levels)?

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm not on finasteride yet, but I will be soon. I am using Nizoral 1% as well.

giannis

Reaction score
stop looking to the mirror all the time or counting the hairs u loose and upseting yourself. You seem to be aware of the shedding phase so be patient and come back after 3 or 4 months to update with the good news. Until then i suggest you focus on other things