Mature hairline or Balding?

bojangles2123

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a hairloss newbie. I'm kind of panicking. I don't know whether or not I'm balding or my hairline is just maturing. I'm 21. My father has a head full of hair, my mom's brother is bald. From what I've read, the "bald" gene usually stems from the mother's side. I don't know exactly how to take this as this is all a shock. I've always had a head full of thick hair. I've purchased a product called Lipogaine out of desperation, although I haven't gotten around to using too much of it. If you guys could help calm me down and determine whether or not I'm balding, I would really appreciate it.
Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/2ysct

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Your hairline is obviously receding, to what extent who knows.

What's your moms dad look like for hair ?

EDIT: Guess I should've checked the date on this one.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This myth of bald gene stems from the mothers side is just complete bull**** honestly.
If your dad is bald/balding you are extremely likely to get the same gene as him.

I know, I know, you didn't say your dad is balding and you said he has a full head of hair...it just annoys me that people honestly believe that whole myth.
You can never really know if it's a mature hairline unless you wait a couple years with complete certainty, how about you get some higher res pictures, so we can see close-ups on your hairline.
To see any hair miniaturisation.